Custom Wheel Q's

This is a discussion on Custom Wheel Q's within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I really like the Enkei RPF1's but I want a polished or silver lip on the gold or black wheel ...

Custom Wheel Q's

I really like the Enkei RPF1's but I want a polished or silver lip on the gold or black wheel and obviously they don't make those so what is the better option to do?

Buy the wheels and have a professional polish the lip and outer edge?

buy the wheels and have them stripped and powder coated with the lip and outer edge being silver?

Here is a quick picture I edited on my computer of the gold with the silver or polished lip.
    2011 Obsidian Black Pearl WRX (Stock)
    2002 Onyx Black Camaro SS (not stock, 435rwhp with full bolt ons, heads/cam, naturally aspirated)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Meh. Not a fan of polished lips and I think that would look goofy on a black car. However, if you must, I'd go get them powder coated. They will hold up a whole lot better in Iowa where the weather is less than nice.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I plan on using the stockers for winter, and the enkei's for summer so they wouldn't see salt and snow. I like the black with a polished lip better but with the program I have it was easier to edit the gold. I think the black would look better on my black car...I don't like all black wheels with no separation between the tire and wheel. The polished lip gives it a nice separation IMO
    2011 Obsidian Black Pearl WRX (Stock)
    2002 Onyx Black Camaro SS (not stock, 435rwhp with full bolt ons, heads/cam, naturally aspirated)