Newb question: Ordering a 2011 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Newb question: Ordering a 2011 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi All, Im a soon to be proud owner of a Pearl White 5 door Wrx. I couldnt find a ...

Newb question: Ordering a 2011 WRX

Hi All,
    Im a soon to be proud owner of a Pearl White 5 door Wrx. I couldnt find a white one where I live and have been shopping around for around 4 weeks in different states around me. I received a call from a dealer saying that they can order my WRX with any options i wish to have. So i went with them and placed a pricey downpayment. The car is above the MSRP price but i was willing to dish out the cash for a custom built white WRX. However I was also told by alot of other dealerships that they are lying and that it is imposisble to order WRX in August. Any thoughts? Does anyone know anything? Did I get jipped? I apologize for the long anecdote..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A reputable dealership will likely not con you out of your down payment. Typically your signed agreement has a statement indicating upon delivery if the options, etc are not what was agreed upon they return your full deposit. I am unsure if they are placing the 2012 models but it very well may be one that is already being delivered and can have those options added for you by the dealer. I am unsure what options you are trying to get but aslong as they have either the SWP base, limited, or premium set up at hand, they can add any additional options at the dealership or at port.

Did they give you a VIN on the car they are speaking of or a date when you would get the car at the lot?

I Support ClubWRX
    Authorized Subaru Dealer?
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

So you already put a downpayment on this car? and they are charging you over MSRP? I purchased mine in july SWP 4door premium and I payed $200 over invoice, If you paying over MSRP your better off finding the car on a lot and flying there to pick it up and rive it home since they would prob give you a good deal...

Even if it's a 2012 I still would pay MSRP or over. Good luck.
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c View Post
    A reputable dealership will likely not con you out of your down payment. Typically your signed agreement has a statement indicating upon delivery if the options, etc are not what was agreed upon they return your full deposit. I am unsure if they are placing the 2012 models but it very well may be one that is already being delivered and can have those options added for you by the dealer. I am unsure what options you are trying to get but aslong as they have either the SWP base, limited, or premium set up at hand, they can add any additional options at the dealership or at port.

Did they give you a VIN on the car they are speaking of or a date when you would get the car at the lot?
    Hey thanks for the reply, I didnt get a VIN number yet, they said it is being built and will arrive some time in October...very vague. The options I got for a base white wrx hatchback with short throw shifter, sti bushings, exhaust, sub/amb, and roof rack.

Quote Originally Posted by kcwrxfan View Post
    So you already put a downpayment on this car? and they are charging you over MSRP? I purchased mine in july SWP 4door premium and I payed $200 over invoice, If you paying over MSRP your better off finding the car on a lot and flying there to pick it up and rive it home since they would prob give you a good deal...

Even if it's a 2012 I still would pay MSRP or over. Good luck.
    Yep placed a downpayment and the reason i'm ordering one is because i haven't had any luck in finding a white wrx around my area. Unfortunately I cannot fly out or go too far out of driving range to pick up a WRX, I am looking to trade in my Escalade and want to get the best possible price. I would hate to drive out 200 miles to a dealership to only get ****ed on my trade in price then return empty handed.

If its an October delivery, its likely a 2011 SWP model that they were able to track down somewhere and adding in those options that you want. Either way, best of luck.

Just got the same exact car, 2011 SWP Limited 5-door, a month ago and paid under MSRP. Drove 130 miles to get mine!

Fort Walton Beach, Florida, United States
    the dealer should recieve VIN a few weeks before they get the car could be a good indicator ask them early in october
    03 WRX
    Perrin Shorty
    Downpipe
    HKS Exhaust

I just ordered a 2011 a week ago- I ordered from one of two dealers around me who said they had no problems still ordering 2011's, whether that means putting my options on one that is already on the way doesn't matter to me, that only means it will be here faster You shouldn't be paying full MSRP on an order though, most people who have ordered WRX's pay much closer to invoice price- I got mine for just under invoice without even haggling...you could always cancel the order and try to get a better deal elsewhere?

definitely start to call other dealerships and you should have no problem getting a MUCH better price
    97 Ninja 600r sold
    99 integra gsr sold
    02 pathfinder sold
    01 YamFZR 600 sold
    04 WRX Sold
    2011 WRX DGM
    Good judgement is based upon experience. Experience is based upon BAD JUDGEMENT!!!

Well, thanks for the advice, but i think it is a little too late....i feel like an idiot to be paying over msrp for the car but im sure it will be worth it, and i placed a downpayment for 1K and not willing to give that up to the dealership....guess im kind of stuck

I would still shop around and see if another dealership can give you a competitive quote and see what the dealership you have deposit with can work with. The deposit you placed for a $1000 is just binding that you want the car, the final price and everything is when you sign the final paperwork with financing stuff. I would think there is still a little wiggle room as long as you want to try. If you feel the car is worth the MSRP then go for it, but check on New Cars Pricing and Comparisons Local, Regional and National Car Price Reports at TrueCar or something and see what you really should be paying and what others in the area with the same car and options are actually paying.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.