New here - '09 WRX Premium

This is a discussion on New here - '09 WRX Premium within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone..I'm completely new to the Subaru community and just got a pre-owned 2009 WRX Premium w/ Navi as of ...

New here - '09 WRX Premium

Hey everyone..I'm completely new to the Subaru community and just got a pre-owned 2009 WRX Premium w/ Navi as of yesterday I traded in my 2009 Honda Civic Si which I had a good deal of equity in and now am the proud driver of this WRX!

It was pretty much love at first drive..once I drove the rex, I was hooked. Just wanted to stop by, say hi, and share some pictures. I love the way the car drives so much that I have no immediate performance mod plans, maybe once its out of powertrain warranty, but for now I'm looking at the SPT boost gauge, maybe some new tires, and my WRX front badge that's gone missing. Other than that I'm just having fun hitting boost here and there.

Also, one thing I had previously loved about boosted cars was the sound of atmospheric BOVs, but I hear those aren't good for our cars, is that so? From what I understand the WRX has a recirculating BOV..could anyone fill me in on this?

Thanks for reading and I look forward to reading and learning a lot, and asking lots of questions

- Vic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0111[1].jpg   IMG_0114[1].jpg   IMG_0113[1].jpg   IMG_0112[1].jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hola and congrats on the car.

as for the bov, you're right. our car has a recirculating one, or a bpv (by pass valve). they are usually thought of as safer for our cars. there is a FAQ on this site that has a bunch of info about that.