Farewell to my beloved 11 wrx Sedan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Farewell to my beloved 11 wrx Sedan within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Got a call from the dealer my family shops at and they said they got a 11 wrx Swp limited ...

Farewell to my beloved 11 wrx Sedan

Got a call from the dealer my family shops at and they said they got a 11 wrx Swp limited hatch in and they'd make me a hell of a deal if I traded my car in because they had someone looking for a black sedan. Gave them my car and 1k and away I went. Had my car for almost a year and put 20k on it so I thinker a came out good in the deal. I'm loving the hatch and especially the SWP! Black was such a pain in the ass to keep looking nice. Think they gave me such a good deal also cause my family has bought 7 new cars there in the last 3 years. Am also loving having only 10miles on it, but that shall change quick I'm sure.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

nice

I'm really loving the hatch, my sedan had the short shifter factory and my hatch don't but wow does the hatch shift way smoother and nicer! So I would suggest not getting the factory short shifter

KHP
    You should get clear bra installed on your new car. I remember when you complained about bugs "owning" your car. Just a reminder to help preserve your cars paint.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

Already have an apt. Lol plus the white will help not show every imperfection. My black sedan looked like hell! The front was way pitted and the rear doors were pitted and look blasted big time.

My last WRX was an '04 alpine white wagon. I don't really understand your comments about black being hard to keep looking nice in light of getting a white car. White is a nightmare to keep looking clean, IMO. I suppose it doesn't spotlight bird crap like black does, but beyond that, every little bit of dirt and mud shows up like you highlighted it in a book. It's especially horrible in the winter. I suppose black would show pure white salt more, but white shows dirty salt/snow/mud like it's going out of style. I also hated how the hood and hood scoop practically blinded me on sunny days it put out so much 'white' at me. Worst of all, I didn't enjoy waxing it because it hardly showed a shine compared to darker colors (the flat white overpowered any reflective qualities to a large degree), yet you still have to protect the paint (well I suppose it can't fade any whiter). And don't be so sure about it not showing imperfections. Anywhere the paint came off (whether chipped or scraped) on my white WRX, it stood out like a sore thumb big time because it's NOT white underneath, but a dark grey-like tone.

I've owned cars that were black, blue, white and now DGM and white is the one color I wouldn't want again. But that's just my personal opinion, of course. It does look nice with gold wheels, especially when clean, but I was happy to go back to a darker color again. DGM's metallic flake seems to be an improvement for keeping clean over a more mirror black and yet looks nearly as good, IMO. I might have been tempted to go purple, though, if it were an option (so rare these days, although I think the newer challengers are available in it).

That did sound like a good deal for a trade towards a new car, regardless, though. Was the black one a limited also or did you get a bump up in trim as well for that deal? I do miss my old wagon's hatch trunk for moving larger items. The sedan's trunk isn't nearly as functional, but I do prefer the looks of the '11 sedan over the hatch (before '11, the sedan looked too Toyota; the flared fenders helped it like night and day).
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

sounds like a great deal you got! congrats, enjoy breaking it in again lol.

The sedan I traded was a base model. I think the white is way easier to wash and not worry about swirls as much, and the black would show every little chip, rub mark, or scratch and water spots.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have a white car, as long as nobody wipes any dirt off it usually looks clean. Couple of fingerprints screw up the charade though.
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

Quote Originally Posted by starkall View Post
    The sedan I traded was a base model. I think the white is way easier to wash and not worry about swirls as much, and the black would show every little chip, rub mark, or scratch and water spots.

SWP definatly doesn;t show dirt as much as black but Bugs/Chips are clear as day, seeems like I wash my front end alot more than the rest of the car needs and mirrors too
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

Wait, you traded your base wrx and only $1000 more for a limited?? Considering a base model with nothing is $26,220 and the Limited is $29,720 that is hard to believe. I would trade my black base model for a silver one in a second if it cost me $1000 otd.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

No lies, my car and 1k. I was surprised as well, I was thinking they were gonna say at least 2500 but when they said 1k I said deal! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by kcwrxfan View Post
    SWP definatly doesn;t show dirt as much as black but Bugs/Chips are clear as day, seeems like I wash my front end alot more than the rest of the car needs and mirrors too
    black is terrible for chips too.. the primer/sealer they use is light grey.. sticks out like a sore thumb under chips on all but silver cars
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I think white is a lot easier to use touch up paint as well with out it sticking out like a sore thumb. The black was nice until I drove it off the lot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast