Farewell to my beloved 11 wrx Sedan - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Farewell to my beloved 11 wrx Sedan within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I wouldn't know since I don't have any paint chips on my DGM. Thanks goes out to 3M. Woot. (now ...

I wouldn't know since I don't have any paint chips on my DGM. Thanks goes out to 3M. Woot.

(now I'll find a paint chip the next time I wash it... )
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by starkall View Post
    I think white is a lot easier to use touch up paint as well with out it sticking out like a sore thumb. The black was nice until I drove it off the lot
    I agree black is a nightmare. Looks the best when clean IMO but it's so frustrating. I didn't drive my car last winter but probably will this year and I'm not looking forward to seeing it in the spring.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Quote Originally Posted by starkall View Post
    Already have an apt. Lol plus the white will help not show every imperfection. My black sedan looked like hell! The front was way pitted and the rear doors were pitted and look blasted big time.
    Whats a general price on getting the 3M clear bra on a wrx? I have no clue what they cost.

Sent from tapatalk.
    2011 Base WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofhearted View Post
    Whats a general price on getting the 3M clear bra on a wrx? I have no clue what they cost.

Sent from tapatalk.

Sent from tapatalk.
    Varies what your local shop will charge. I would ask around. It also depends on what you want protected. From what I have heard on the forum to have full bumper, 18" hood, fenders, and mirrors it can run from $500-$900+. If you want full hood and pillars, etc. you should expect more. To buy the material yourself to do it'll be about $250-$300, thats what I did to save some cash.

KHP
    The price varies by the installer/dealer. I got the 3M Venture Shield film applied on my car. The film protects very well and is virtually invisible if the edges are cleaned properly. I paid approximately $800 for mine. I got half the hood 2-3 inches past the hood scoop (including hood scoop), fenders, bumper, grill accents, front Subaru badge, A pillars, mirrors, door handle cups, rocker panels, rear wheel well flairs (factory wrap was too short and narrow so I had them ripped off and re-wrapped), upper third of the rear bumper, and lower third of the rear gate wrapped.

The above price includes two full days of installation labor(I told them to take their time and it shows on the installation quality that they did).

*Edit*
    After reading Magnums reply below. I forgot to add that I also have the headlights and fogs done.
    Last edited by KHP; 09-01-2011 at 07:26 AM.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

I think I paid around $680 for the entire front bumper area, headlights, fog lights, 1/3 of hood and side of bumpers, hood scoop, mirrors, door cups and trunk lip. I didn't get the rocker panels. No marks on the car so far.

The bra is invisible from about half the angles relative to the sun (or other light source), but you can see the edges from certain angles and on DGM it sort of a resembles a fine surface 'scratch'. It's a heck of a lot better than chips and pits and not butt fugly like a regular bra, but I'm thinking I should have put out the extra cash and got the entire hood and front side panels done so there would be no visible lines. It probably would have doubled the price, though. Less car to wax, though (spray detailer works easier/better on it).
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12