New Member- Considering purchase of '11 STI.

This is a discussion on New Member- Considering purchase of '11 STI. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Guys, im new to the forum, and subaru in general. Im considering selling my '01 GTI for a used ...

Lightbulb New Member- Considering purchase of '11 STI.

Hey Guys, im new to the forum, and subaru in general.

Im considering selling my '01 GTI for a used 11 STI. Im moving to Utah and i need to carve up those hills out there.

My buddy is offering me a 5-door STI with 11,xxx mi on it. it has upgraded exhaust, intake and a Cobb accessport.

With the deal he is is giving me (30K) it seems hard to walk away.

Any advice for a first time buyer? Things to consider?

Thanks

-Killa

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like a good deal
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

+1.

Sounds like a good deal, about 10k off the msrp is always a good thing....
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    your a first time buyer and wanting to finance 30,000??? Have you had car loans before or is this the absolute first? Do you own your own home or rent? If your a first time buyer without $6,000 down a bank may not even look at you.. even then your income may need to be greater than 40k

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I have the cash to pay for it outright. But I would like to divert the payments for a short period to allow some investments to mature. I am a first time buyer. No car loan before. With excellent credit. And I rent. So I'll see what I can make happen from that

Yes, that sounds like a great deal to me. Of course if you dont need the STI you could also purchase a brand new premium 2011 WRX for a little less (29k) which will include the SPT exhaust and a few other items. Most dealerships here in Utah are still receiving 1-2 WRX's every 2 or so weeks (both sedan and hatch). You are stuck with whatever options they already have, but they are available.

Off topic.. 06scoobyrex, you're avatar is fantastic

I Support ClubWRX
    Well that's good then I guess.. Banks are funny with their money.. If your applying for car credit they look for past hard car credit which is 3 years of car payments on one single car.. Without that you are considered soft credit and I'm sure you know is the same as baby credit. Anything can happen usually with the right amount of cash down/ correct car. The car books right around 28,000 wholesale so if you were to have another $10,000 of that $30k you have in your hand I would bet a bank will finance that.

Good luck, try to stay with a credit union vs. Something like bank of America or chase.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Thanks for the advice. I'm going for a test drive today so I'll be back on here with the results!

Thanks dramlin... I see your from slc too...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

GO FOR IT! You will love the STI....I sure do.

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Thanks dramlin... I see your from slc too...
    Yes, technically Cottonwood Heights, but its all the same area. If you happen to see a white 2011 wrx sedan going over the speed limit while giving you the subie wave, you will know its me

Quote Originally Posted by Dramlin View Post
    Yes, technically Cottonwood Heights, but its all the same area. If you happen to see a white 2011 wrx sedan going over the speed limit while giving you the subie wave, you will know its me
    Nice... Im out in west valley myself, so if you see a black 06 wrx with tinted windows and a red twiztid sticker in the back window thats me... me and cody (anubs1) want to put together a clubdub slc meet just need to get more people in it...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801