STS question.....

This is a discussion on STS question..... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have decided to purchase the kartboy sts and bushing kit, but I was wondering what the difference if there ...

STS question.....

I have decided to purchase the kartboy sts and bushing kit, but I was wondering what the difference if there is any other then the price between these two and if so which would be my better bet.

Kartboy dot com :: Subaru Legacy :: 2005+ Legacy :: Kartboy 5-Speed Shift Lever and Bushings Combo WRX 2008+ Legacy 2006+

TiC 08 Impreza Super Shifter Set

This may be a really stupid question, but I rather ask it here then purchase it and figure out I should have gotten something else. Thanks for any help!
    Stink-Eye Mob #333
    2011 Lightning Red WRX
    Stage 2+ 93

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The TiC 08 Impreza Super Shifter Set has the extra TiC 06+ shift linkage bushings & TiC 5mt wide pivot bushings.The pivot bushings are useful but the shift linkage bushings,though beneficial to overall improved shifter feel,can be difficult to install.

You can find the first kit you mentioned for cheaper here Kartboy Lever Combo Plus - 2008-2009 Model
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Are the shift linkage bushings worth the extra 40$ that I'll be paying or should i just start with the lever and pivot bushings and if i feel the need for the shift linkage bushing purchase them afterwards? I am not to familiar with what is exactly needed for the sts. I have been reading around and have been seeing a lot about the pivot bushings i guess but nothing about the shift linkage.

I'd love to save that extra 40$ and get a nice knob for the new lever if possible
    Stink-Eye Mob #333
    2011 Lightning Red WRX
    Stage 2+ 93

I Support ClubWRX
    If you want you can get the shift kit for $160 & the pivot bushings for $19.37 TiC 5MT Lever Pivot Bushings - WIDE

But it is not absolutely necessary to get the pivot bushings.

Or you can call Tic Contact TiC - Turn in Concepts & see if they can make you a deal.

BTW a good knob will cost you more than $40
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Which kit would you recommend?
    Stink-Eye Mob #333
    2011 Lightning Red WRX
    Stage 2+ 93

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT