Electric Basket Case

This is a discussion on Electric Basket Case within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My purchased new 2008 WRX has been nothing but electrical problems since we got it. First winter driver side seat ...

Electric Basket Case

My purchased new 2008 WRX has been nothing but electrical problems since we got it. First winter driver side seat warmer blows out. Then my thermometer quits. Then my electric harness blows. Them my get gas light comes on...when the tank is full! In order to replace my gas light the replace something I cannot remember the name of, the replacement of whatever it is sets my odometer back to 0. When I call local Subaru, she's like " Oh yeah that's pretty normal" I will be calling Subaru corporate tomorrow.
    Did I miss a recall? I thought these were supposed to be among the most reliable cars on the road. Last time it was in the shop I told the guy " you all are very nice but I am really tired of seeing you for this crap" He says " Well at least it's still under warranty" I respond with " Yeah, my concern now is what kind of crap is going to go wrong when the warranty expires"
    This happen to anyone else?
    Stink Eye Mob #08

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Has anyone been playing with the electrical system at all? Got mice in the garage? Never really heard of Subaru's or Japanese cars in general to have electrical issues. That is until people start playing around.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

I met a guy that had alot of trouble out of his electrical system in his 08 STI but this guy also thought he could hook up his own woofer and amp. He ended up almost burning the car to the ground!

Nothing has been done on this car but routine maintenance, by a liscensed Subaru dealer. It still even has the craptastic stock stereo. I called corporate he states that he has never heard of the mileage going back to zero when the cluster (the piece I could not remember the name of last night) is repaired. He is going to check it out & call me back this week.
    Maybe I'll get lucky, they'll take my car back & upgrade me to a 2012 STI. Yeah I'm not even holding my breathe a little bit for that one.
    Stink Eye Mob #08

Steer clear of any car with Electrical issues, they will drive you nuts!
    2011 WRX Limited - WR Blue Pearl

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx4mom View Post
    My purchased new 2008 WRX has been nothing but electrical problems since we got it. First winter driver side seat warmer blows out. Then my thermometer quits. Then my electric harness blows. Them my get gas light comes on...when the tank is full! In order to replace my gas light the replace something I cannot remember the name of, the replacement of whatever it is sets my odometer back to 0. When I call local Subaru, she's like " Oh yeah that's pretty normal" I will be calling Subaru corporate tomorrow.
    Did I miss a recall? I thought these were supposed to be among the most reliable cars on the road. Last time it was in the shop I told the guy " you all are very nice but I am really tired of seeing you for this crap" He says " Well at least it's still under warranty" I respond with " Yeah, my concern now is what kind of crap is going to go wrong when the warranty expires"
    This happen to anyone else?
    Bad leads, bad grounds, too much voltage. That's what it sounds like to me.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.