New to subaru and need some ideas!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New to subaru and need some ideas! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I bought an 03 wrx for a couple months now. i really dont know much about the car yet but ...

New to subaru and need some ideas!

I bought an 03 wrx for a couple months now. i really dont know much about the car yet but i think i mite have a few problems with it. i changed the clutch out back in february and it feels like its going out again.

some of the things i notice bout the car tat is really wrong tat mite relate is:

1.when shifting gears its not really smooth and buttery feeling. the shifter is really easy play and when pushing into any gears its a little hard.

2.clutch pedal is starting to sqeak but sounds like its coming from exterior of car.

3.it seems like when im at high rpms in 3rd gear, the clutch engagement seems to be pretty close to the floor.

4.the car doesnt have a cat converter and it seems to blow white smoke out sometimes when i floor it but usually going in reverse. i smelt the smoke and it smells like fuel.

idk what i should do wit the car. was thinking maybe this years tax return ill take it to a dealer to fix all the problems but idk if its worth it. need some suggestions on the problems and wat i should do.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the white smoke is no beuno... check your oil and see if theres any antifreeze mixed in it. Sounds like it could be a possible blown head gasket.
    "when the turbo spools, it's like you're in a time machine"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.