New 2011 from Canada

This is a discussion on New 2011 from Canada within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i just bought a 2011 wrx limited hb in white. I had the dealership install the short shifter as an ...

New 2011 from Canada

i just bought a 2011 wrx limited hb in white. I had the dealership install the short shifter as an option without really looking into it. I was wondering if anyone else had this put in and if it was worth it, as compared to the stock one. Also, how about a blow off valve, are there any issues with installing one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It is usually an attached option with most orders, because it is spongy otherwise
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

Welcome, I'm in Calgary. BOV's present more headaches than anything else; they let metered air out of the system, and they tend to leak. Unless you really, really, really, want the sound you could put that money towards something more useful.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

I Support ClubWRX
    The short shifter is worth it.

And best forget about the BOV.If you are looking for the sound just get an intake & tune.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I am mostly looking for sound. Ive heard with a short ram intake and something like a perrin turbo inlet pipe, i can achieve what im looking for and not have to worry about any problems. i guess the perrin bov recirculates the air, and with the intake its easy to hear. is the short shifter from the dealership comparable to an aftermarket one?

I Support ClubWRX
    I have not experienced the factory short shifter,so it is difficult to say if it is comparable to the aftermarket option.It is less expensive because the factory SS changes the entire linkage.Although the factory or aftermarket shifter shortens the throw,to get a better shifter feel you would have to change the bushings.

This is what I got TiC 08 Impreza Super Shifter Set

If you get an intake,you will have to get a tune.If you get the Perrin intake you will have to get the AP from Perrin because they are the only ones that have the map for their intake.Otherwise you would have to get the AP from Cobb & get either the Cobb/AEM intake.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Is there still a snorkus on the 2011? If so, look into a snorkus delete, because it'll give you the WHOOSH sound, without needing a tune.
    2006 WRX Limited -Pro-tuned VF-39, STI TMIC, STI factory I/C Sprayer, Throttle body Coolant Bypass, STI Exhaust, SPT Short Ram Intake, SPT Upper Front and Rear Strut Bar, Red Samco Radiator Hoses, STI Trunk, SPT Short Shifter, Aftermarket Rotors, Lamco Turbo Gauge, Catless Downpipe, Hella Supertones, RallyArmor Limited Edition Pink UR Flaps, 35% Tint, Grounding Mod, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, SPT Heat Shield STI Piston Shift Knob!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430