Help

This is a discussion on Help within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, New to this site. I just replaced the up pipe and down pipe on my daughter's '02 WRX. I ...

Help

Hi,
    New to this site. I just replaced the up pipe and down pipe on my daughter's '02 WRX. I did have to remove the turbo to cut off two bolts. Anyway now engine light is on and is appears to be dripping antifreeze from the lower part of the up pipe??? Any suggestions?

Thank you Ron

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    If you didn't tune it, or use the resistor mod for the EGT sensor in the uppipe, that would be why the CEL is on.

Now dripping antifreeze is a whole other thing. I would double check where the water line attaches to the turbo.. something may have got messed up there when you removed/replaced the turbo. On a nearly ten year old car worn out lines tend to break/tear easily.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    If you didn't tune it, or use the resistor mod for the EGT sensor in the uppipe, that would be why the CEL is on.

Now dripping antifreeze is a whole other thing. I would double check where the water line attaches to the turbo.. something may have got messed up there when you removed/replaced the turbo. On a nearly ten year old car worn out lines tend to break/tear easily.

Thanks! Looks like the drip stopped.... Some smoke in the engine probably from never sieze and penetrating stuff.
    Smoke from the engine when you rev it up. Is that normal because of all the changes?

Thanks again!! Ron

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Depends on how much smoke.. every time I change to a new exhaust I notice some smoke, especially if it's wrapped. The smoke should clear up after one good drive though. If it continues smoking you might still have a leak somewhere.

Boost Leak

Hi,
    Looks like from reading on line I have a Boost leak. How do you check it from home? White smoke and coolant leaking from the exhaust.

Thank you, Ron