New to this site and need help

This is a discussion on New to this site and need help within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey whats up guys, im new to this site, and im looking to buy a 05 WRX! I have one ...

New to this site and need help

Hey whats up guys, im new to this site, and im looking to buy a 05 WRX!
    I have one concern on the one im considering buying, He said it has adjustable coilovers and camber plates. Now i have heard the coilovers require ****ing with the fram and what not! So what im asking is, are coilovers and camber plates bad for the car. Im pretty new to all this stuff, and would like if someone could explain to what these are and if its good or bad for the car. Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    See the suspension forum or follow the link in my signature.

It is unlikely that these are the only things to worry about on the car.

They will require maintenance sooner or later and frequently they reduce comfort while increasing noise and vibrations.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thanks man

There are a lot of forums for this topic. I wouldn't buy a old car with too many mods, because that means they drove it hard, and things are going to start breaking. Just my .02 :-)
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

And when you say that is unlikely that those are the only things i should worry about, what else should i be looking for?

Only mods on the car is Coilovers, camber plates, cobb turbo back exhaust, cobb up/down pipe, cobb short shift, APS short ram intake, STI sized intercooler, and lightsweight pulleys!

I Support ClubWRX
    I would prefer a car without modifications. The link given has info on all those mods. Also see how-to threads for used car shopping.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

It is better to buy a car without mods and then have it your way! This ensures the parts were not mistreated.

Ya i think imma go with a stock onw now!

I would! Save yourself the headache...