Looking to buy a new WRX. 2011 or 2012?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Looking to buy a new WRX. 2011 or 2012? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I'm new here obviously. I have been looking and waiting for a new wrx. I have figured that ...

Looking to buy a new WRX. 2011 or 2012?

Hey guys, I'm new here obviously. I have been looking and waiting for a new wrx. I have figured that I would wait to order a new 2012's once they came out (heard the date is around august 23rd), but today I was shopping around online and I found a 2011 WRX premium /w Nav for $31,000. It is blue while I kinda wanted black but blue is def my 2nd choice.

My question is with the new models coming out very soon, how much do you think I should offer? I sent a email to the contact to ask for the e-price and whatever to see what they would say. I got the response that they were going with the MSRP and that if I put a down payment (it's in transit to the store) of $1,000 they would take off $500 of the overall car price.

I did not reply to the email yet and I said that I probably will have a trade in but that I wasn't sure yet (which is bs because I am trading in my car) and that I am thinking about the financing. But nothing to give away too much because I still would like to take the price down more.

My friend who is helping me with this has advised to not respond till next week and that most likely that person will respond before I do because of them not wanting to lose the sale. So....when I actually do respond what would a fair price for me to offer with the new models coming so soon (order) or should I just wait for the 2012's? I pretty much like everything that is on the car it seems to have all the options that are actually available including the nav.

Thanks for any thoughts!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    is it a premium or a limited?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Yorktown Heights, New York, United States
    i wouldnt follow that advise your pal gave you, of not responding and waiting till the person writes you back. i say this because right now the WRX'S are in high demand and as soon as one pops out, alot of people try bagging it.

if it was me, i would just put a safe deposit down of $500 just so they can hold the car and not sale it to anybody else.
    if you change your mind about it you are still going to get your $$ deposit back; nothing wrong with that

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    is it a premium or a limited?
    It's a premium.

Rudy, you're thinking I should go for it and not wait for the new yr models. (understanding that there probably will be no changes)

I Support ClubWRX
    Go to edmunds.com 2011 Subaru Impreza Hatchback WRX Premium Price With Options & you will find the msrp for the trim level you are looking at.

If you like the car you are looking at,you are comfortable with the price ,then there I don't see why you shouldn't put down a deposit.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

check out Truecar.com and see what people are paying in your area. I just picked up an 2011 DGM Premium last month and paid $2000 under MSRP in Colorado
    97 Ninja 600r sold
    99 integra gsr sold
    02 pathfinder sold
    01 YamFZR 600 sold
    04 WRX Sold
    2011 WRX DGM
    Good judgement is based upon experience. Experience is based upon BAD JUDGEMENT!!!

Yorktown Heights, New York, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by damaov View Post
    It's a premium.

Rudy, you're thinking I should go for it and not wait for the new yr models. (understanding that there probably will be no changes)
    no. what im saying is that you should make a decision quickly. just try putting a deposit down for the car.
    i dont think the dealer is gonna write to you back because they know that as soon as that car is in their lot, a lot of people are going to try buying it.
    soo act fast my lil friend.

My impression is that you'll get a better deal if you wait for '12, since supply of the '11 model is limited. If you don't want to wait til October or November, go to truecar.com, and you'll probably get a better price.

is there 2 different types of a blue for WRX's? The picture that it shows does not look like the standard blue that I have seen, it's more of a pale blue or something. They call it this Ext. Color WR Blue Pearl, I'll try to link it here...

Evil, I am kinda with you, been thinking about it more and more and I just feel like I should wait because I don't even really want nav and that puts an extra 2k on the car and I'd rather put that on that a SPT Exhaust and short throw shifter/bushing.

I really appreciate all the input though, I can already tell how nice the community is for WRX. So excited.

I Support ClubWRX
    There are 2 shades of blue .WR BLUE MICA & Plasma Blue Pearl.The Plasma Blue Pearl is available only for the STI or if you live in Canada they offer it for the WRX.For US versions the only blue available for WRXs is WR Blue Mica.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

If you really want one i wouldn't wait. I was in the same position and jumped on a 5-door SWP Limited. Not regretting it all. My dealership even told me 2012 wont be out till Jan or Feb of 2012.

They held mine for $500.

Quote Originally Posted by rgold01 View Post
    check out Truecar.com and see what people are paying in your area. I just picked up an 2011 DGM Premium last month and paid $2000 under MSRP in Colorado
    Hi..I'm in Erie CO and am thinking about picking up a 2011 or 2012 WRX hatch. Can you tell me where you got your deal? Did you use truecar? Thanks

My dealer went 500 under invoice. Start with invoice and go from there!
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

Don't ignore him, I work in a internet department at a dealership, if his is anything like mine we get tons of leads in every day and it's easy to have people get lost in the clutter. If you really want the car just go in. They will be more willing to talk price if you're actually there. No one likes talking numbers over the phone. Once your trade and financing are worked out you can see what your real numbers would be, not just a quote. You're better off paying them a visit. A few hours at a dealership is worth it if you're getting the car you want at a better price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast