Hey guys, I'm new here obviously. I have been looking and waiting for a new wrx. I have figured that I would wait to order a new 2012's once they came out (heard the date is around august 23rd), but today I was shopping around online and I found a 2011 WRX premium /w Nav for $31,000. It is blue while I kinda wanted black but blue is def my 2nd choice.
My question is with the new models coming out very soon, how much do you think I should offer? I sent a email to the contact to ask for the e-price and whatever to see what they would say. I got the response that they were going with the MSRP and that if I put a down payment (it's in transit to the store) of $1,000 they would take off $500 of the overall car price.
I did not reply to the email yet and I said that I probably will have a trade in but that I wasn't sure yet (which is bs because I am trading in my car) and that I am thinking about the financing. But nothing to give away too much because I still would like to take the price down more.
My friend who is helping me with this has advised to not respond till next week and that most likely that person will respond before I do because of them not wanting to lose the sale. So....when I actually do respond what would a fair price for me to offer with the new models coming so soon (order) or should I just wait for the 2012's? I pretty much like everything that is on the car it seems to have all the options that are actually available including the nav.
Thanks for any thoughts!