Another newbie
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Another newbie within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I wanted to say hi after seeing all the other intros. This community is awesome from what I've seen. I ...

Another newbie

I wanted to say hi after seeing all the other intros. This community is awesome from what I've seen. I signed all the paperwork for my new 2011 sedan last Friday which is slated to get in Aug. 22. Holy crap waiting blows!! Even if it's the easy part, I just want my new car. Coming from an '06 Scion tC hah.

Anyway, hello, and I look forward to lots of good times here. I'll probably put up some pics. You guys helped push me the last few inches on my decision after checking out what you have going on here, thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum and also congratulations. It's a big difference from a Scion. Can't wait to see pics

Welcome. What color did you get a do you have any plans for it?

Congrats and Welcome! Youll love this forum. Very helpful and friendly :-)
    02 WRB WRX
    --whole lotta mods

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the Forum!

If you need any parts or advice, please let me know.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

It is the Satin Pearl White. Im going to drive it stock for a few weeks to break it in and get used to it. After that i want to look into some suspension mods. Im sure the 265hp will blow me away so ill be good on power

Im getting a set of winter tires, Blizzacks I think... Suggestions on that stuff?

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome & congrats on the purchase
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Do you guys think it's reasonable to ask for a discount on the delivery charge?

My WRX was scheduled to come in on August 22nd this year, and when that day came, they said around noon that it was delayed until the 23rd, around 2pm on the 23rd they told me it was delayed until the 24th... it was the same story every day always claiming it would "definitely" be in the next day. Now on the 30th they have a newish story they started yesterday stating that "it should be on a truck coming in today." I know crap happens, but if they know why it's delayed each day until the next day they aren't telling me. When I ask them why it's delayed, they say they don't know and they've never seen this happen before. :/

Am I just too anxious to get my new ride, or do you guys think I have grounds to ask for a few hundred off the delivery charge?

I Support ClubWRX
    Most dealers will not budge on the delivery charge.Maybe you can get them to lower the documentation fees or ask for free accessories ,or a couple of free oil changes.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Most dealers will not budge on the delivery charge.Maybe you can get them to lower the documentation fees or ask for free accessories ,or a couple of free oil changes.
    Great ideas. Thanks! Also, thanks for the warm welcome to everyone. Hopefully I get it soon and can officially join the ownership club.

I would try to get something off the price of the car if not get something added to the purchase like a short shifter or something the car dosn't have for free.

Good luck most dealerships around here will do 500 off invoice price. I bought a wrx prem for 25000 short throw, sti wheels invidia cat back, moonroof etc.

Quote Originally Posted by King1502 View Post
    Good luck most dealerships around here will do 500 off invoice price. I bought a wrx prem for 25000 short throw, sti wheels invidia cat back, moonroof etc.
    How did you get STI wheels on a WRX from the dealer?
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

I bought the car used from a dealer the guy who bought it new order a prem custom, is my understanding. And that was what he wanted.

Thanks for the comments and tips. I got a free couple tanks of gas for the first few times I need to fill up and a break on the doc fees. I'm thrilled it finally came in. Got it tinted and clear bra put on! Here are some pics:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast