2011 WRX 0-60 Time
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX 0-60 Time within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have read 4.7 seconds in some places. Is this accurate? This is faster than most Porsche 911's and some ...

2011 WRX 0-60 Time

I have read 4.7 seconds in some places. Is this accurate? This is faster than most Porsche 911's and some Aston Martins.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think Car and Driver had it at 4.5, it's accurate but your clutch will hate you
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

So will your engine over time
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

Car and Driver have it listed at 4.7 2011 WRX review

As far as faster than 911's a Base 911 does 0-60 in 4.1. Gets in the S models and 4s and they are in the 3's. get into turbo's and the GT3 turbo is 2.9

Most Austin Martins aren't builts for speed, even so they are still 0-60 in low 4's.

Our WRX's aren't in this category. We own a solid car that stock is super quick! the New Camaro only shows .1 faster in 0-60 and has about 130hp more. Remember they test with Pro's so it would be different per driver on the track.
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

I'm sure your average driver wouldn't be able to get a 4.7 0-60. The best way to do that would be launching, and that's like suicide for your trans.....

Now give me someone else's car and ask if I can get a 4.7 0-60...I'd be more willing to try
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    It's been popular to use the quarter mile and 0-60 times to prop up the WRX for many years...AWD gives a nice bump at the beginning of an actual drag strip run, but in real world, already moving situations, a stock WRX accelerates about like a V6 Altima.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    It's been popular to use the quarter mile and 0-60 times to prop up the WRX for many years...AWD gives a nice bump at the beginning of an actual drag strip run, but in real world, already moving situations, a stock WRX accelerates about like a V6 Altima.
    I agree, he asked for 0-60 so I didn't elaborate on it anymore. 3rd gear pulls at lower rom are like a standard v6, so I just downshift to higher rpm 2nd gear... problem solved

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    ... of course, those V6 Altima's are pretty quick!
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Currently - Ft. Campbell, KY; originally from - Boulder, CO
    I'm new to the forum, and just bought my '11 WRX today; traded in an '04 RX8 for it (0-60 time: 5.7s), and the WRX is DEFINATELY faster... I surprised myself today when I actually made my own head jerk as I shifted into 2nd! LMAO... wasn't expecting the amount of power (or the torque)!

Quote Originally Posted by short304 View Post
    I'm new to the forum, and just bought my '11 WRX today; traded in an '04 RX8 for it (0-60 time: 5.7s), and the WRX is DEFINATELY faster... I surprised myself today when I actually made my own head jerk as I shifted into 2nd! LMAO... wasn't expecting the amount of power (or the torque)!
    Gratz on the car, SO brand new you bought it right? shifting into 2nd at what RPM did you get the head jerk?

Quote Originally Posted by kcwrxfan View Post
    Gratz on the car, SO brand new you bought it right? shifting into 2nd at what RPM did you get the head jerk?
    Yeah, thinking about it now, I probably should take a little bit easier during the break-in period... I had to have been over 5500-6000 RPM when I shifted! I was surprised at just how quickly I got there too! Definately have to tone it down for next 1000miles or so... unless I want to be back in the dealership in the next week or two! :-/ I got to used to shifting at 6000+rpm in the 8

Quote Originally Posted by short304 View Post
    Yeah, thinking about it now, I probably should take a little bit easier during the break-in period... I had to have been over 5500-6000 RPM when I shifted! I was surprised at just how quickly I got there too! Definately have to tone it down for next 1000miles or so... unless I want to be back in the dealership in the next week or two! :-/ I got to used to shifting at 6000+rpm in the 8
    Ha ha. My buddy has a 93 RX7 and man that thing likes to rev. Riding around in it I'm like...SHIFT!

For sure - Take it easy for the first few thousand miles. If you want the car to last make sure you don't beat it...ever. Once you're past the break-in, drive it hard, but still don't beat it. Be smart about it and drive it right.

Also it's very important, especially on turbocharged cars, to keep it under 3,000-3,5000 and out of boost until the engine reaches full operating temp.

Just a couple nuggets of wisdom

BTW - Congrats on the new car!
    - 2013 BRZ Limited, WRB, manual
    - 2002 WRX WRB Sport Wagon (Stage 1) SOLD
    - 1968 Mercury Cougar w/ custom 331ci stroker & 5-spd
    ~Best 1/4 mi ET: 13.00 Video here--> http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t=MVI_0378.mp4
    ~Best 1/4 mi Trap Speed: 109mph

Quote Originally Posted by 2002SubieWRX View Post
    Just a couple nuggets of wisdom

BTW - Congrats on the new car!
    Thanks man! I appreciate the advice...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRex View Post
    ... of course, those V6 Altima's are pretty quick!
    Well sure, they're just as fast as Aston Martins and Porsche 911's!

Oh wait, no they're not.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by mpa3d View Post
    I have read 4.7 seconds in some places. Is this accurate? This is faster than most Porsche 911's and some Aston Martins.

right around 5 flat 0-60 is average for the average joe wrx driver.. without launching or sidestepping the clutch.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast