2011 WRX 0-60 Time - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX 0-60 Time within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by kcwrxfan I agree, he asked for 0-60 so I didn't elaborate on it anymore. 3rd gear pulls ...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kcwrxfan View Post
    I agree, he asked for 0-60 so I didn't elaborate on it anymore. 3rd gear pulls at lower rom are like a standard v6, so I just downshift to higher rpm 2nd gear... problem solved
    No. The top-end is about the same as a Altima V6.

Quote Originally Posted by kcwrxfan View Post
    the New Camaro only shows .1 faster in 0-60 and has about 130hp more. Remember they test with Pro's so it would be different per driver on the track.
    You guys are certainly drinking the Kool-aid, arent you?

The V8 Camaro is 430 bhp and weighs 3800 pounds that's 8.8 pounds/hp. The 2009+ WRX is 265 bhp and weighs 3100 pounds that's 11.7 pounds/hp. Just from those numbers, you can already see that the WRX is outclassed in a straight line. Oh wait, there's more... the WRX is AWD, which means more drivetrain loss and less % of that bhp is sent to the wheels compared to the Camaro. Furthermore, the big 6.2L V8 has considerably more area under the torque curve meaning it relies less on gearing to send the power to the wheels.

The 0-60 spec is utter crap. The MVP in Subaru's court is the AWD's ability to send the power to the ground as efficiently as possible. Should the Camaro be outfitted with drag slicks (or a rolling start be afforded), it would be a different game entirely. The 2009 WRX can complete the quarter mile in approx. 13.5 seconds at 101 mph while the V8 Camaro can do 12.8 seconds at 110 mph. Sorry, but when it comes to a straight line, the WRX is outgunned. BTW, the V6 Altima (per Ray's offering) can do the 1/4 mile in 14.0 seconds at 99 mph. That's much closer to the WRX than the WRX is to the Camaro.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to give some background... a pro-tuned stage II 2.0L is approx. as quick as a 2009+ WRX stock. Some time ago I ran a 0-60 pull with my car as timed by my AccessPort. Since I don't trust my transmission, I did a soft launch. The result was 6.0 seconds with a 3.2 second 60'. Now, similar stage II 2.0L Rexes run 1.7-1.8 second 60' at the drag strip with tranny-shattering launches. Technically, this would indicate that my car COULD do a 0-60 mph pull in approx. 4.6 seconds which seems to indicate a similar result as the 2009+ WRX. However, when I ran to 60 mph from a 5 mph roll-on, the result was 5.9 seconds. This, to me, is a more accurate indication of outright acceleration.
    Last edited by zax; 08-16-2011 at 11:53 AM.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by short304 View Post
    Thanks man! I appreciate the advice...
    yea first 1,500 miles I never took it over 3,500 rpms then till 2k i stayed below 4.500, after 2k well it's been fun
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    You guys are certainly drinking the Kool-aid, arent you?
    Area under curve? Power to weight ratios? What are you, Mr. ScienceMan or something? Nerd.

(I put the same argument forth in the 370Z debate thread in vs. the World, but the new owners seem to be a tough room. )
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by mpa3d View Post
    I have read 4.7 seconds in some places. Is this accurate?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    The V8 Camaro is 430 bhp and weighs 3800 pounds that's 8.8 pounds/hp. The 2009+ WRX is 265 bhp and weighs 3100 pounds that's 11.7 pounds/hp. Just from those numbers, you can already see that the WRX is outclassed in a straight line. Oh wait, there's more... the WRX is AWD, which means more drivetrain loss and less % of that bhp is sent to the wheels compared to the Camaro. Furthermore, the big 6.2L V8 has considerably more area under the torque curve meaning it relies less on gearing to send the power to the wheels.

The 0-60 spec is utter crap. The MVP in Subaru's court is the AWD's ability to send the power to the ground as efficiently as possible. Should the Camaro be outfitted with drag slicks (or a rolling start be afforded), it would be a different game entirely. The 2009 WRX can complete the quarter mile in approx. 13.5 seconds at 101 mph while the V8 Camaro can do 12.8 seconds at 110 mph. Sorry, but when it comes to a straight line, the WRX is outgunned. BTW, the V6 Altima (per Ray's offering) can do the 1/4 mile in 14.0 seconds at 99 mph. That's much closer to the WRX than the WRX is to the Camaro.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to give some background... a pro-tuned stage II 2.0L is approx. as quick as a 2009+ WRX stock. Some time ago I ran a 0-60 pull with my car as timed by my AccessPort. Since I don't trust my transmission, I did a soft launch. The result was 6.0 seconds with a 3.2 second 60'. Now, similar stage II 2.0L Rexes run 1.7-1.8 second 60' at the drag strip with tranny-shattering launches. Technically, this would indicate that my car COULD do a 0-60 mph pull in approx. 4.6 seconds which seems to indicate a similar result as the 2009+ WRX. However, when I ran to 60 mph from a 5 mph roll-on, the result was 5.9 seconds. This, to me, is a more accurate indication of outright acceleration.
    Yes.

That was easy
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

The 2011 Altima V6 isn't as quick as a 2011 wrx.

Altima 0-60 = 6.2 - 6.8 (depending on which review you read)
    Altima 1/4 mile = 14.7 - 14.8 (depending on which review you read)

The 2011 wrx is 1.5 secs faster 0-60 and 1 second faster 1/4 mile. 1-1.5 seconds difference in 0-60 and 1/4 mile time is an eternity.

So far my best time in my 2011 wrx is 0-60 = 5.2 secs and 1/4 mile = 13.9 seconds (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by sho-n-go View Post
    The 2011 Altima V6 isn't as quick as a 2011 wrx.

Altima 0-60 = 6.2 - 6.8 (depending on which review you read)
    Altima 1/4 mile = 14.7 - 14.8 (depending on which review you read)

The 2011 wrx is 1.5 secs faster 0-60 and 1 second faster 1/4 mile. 1-1.5 seconds difference in 0-60 and 1/4 mile time is an eternity.

So far my best time in my 2011 wrx is 0-60 = 5.2 secs and 1/4 mile = 13.9 seconds (stock)
    That's pretty sweet though man. How often do you need to really go that much faster than that? My final goal is to get around 300 horses and then I will be satisfied. Of course, I say that now! We will see how things pan out after the break in period, but I think that a COBB AP will tide me over for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by twister8008 View Post
    That's pretty sweet though man. How often do you need to really go that much faster than that? My final goal is to get around 300 horses and then I will be satisfied. Of course, I say that now! We will see how things pan out after the break in period, but I think that a COBB AP will tide me over for a bit.
    Ya for getting around town and an occasional track run, that's plenty fast. I'd love to break into the 12's, just because I've never owned a car that went that fast, but for now I'm having fun just stock. Next summer comes some performance mods.

Look at the 5-60 times. A V-6 Camry is a little faster than a WRX there. I looked it up one day after a Camry stayed with me while I was floored in 2nd gear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12