Recommendations on Clear Bra for Brand New Car
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Recommendations on Clear Bra for Brand New Car within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I travel quite a bit on the interstate for work and I hate imperfections in my paint (yeah I realize ...

Recommendations on Clear Bra for Brand New Car

I travel quite a bit on the interstate for work and I hate imperfections in my paint (yeah I realize my car is Black..lol) but who has a clear bra on their car and would you recommend it to anyone else?

some questions I have about the Clear Bra:
    1. How do they look in person, is it easy to see and look tacky?
    2. I understand you can wax these but does the clear bra get the same deep, wet look when waxing the rest of the car?
    3. when it comes time to take off or replace will the paint under the clear bra be a different color then the rest of the paint?

Thanks for your help, and I hope I put this in the right section as I am a noob to clear bra's and Subie's
    2011 Obsidian Black Pearl WRX (Stock)
    2002 Onyx Black Camaro SS (not stock, 435rwhp with full bolt ons, heads/cam, naturally aspirated)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    1. In my experience a properly fitted clear bra is not visible unless you really look closely at the edges of the film just like the rear fenders on your new WRX.

2. I've seen the color blend just fine with paint not under the clear bra after a wax. It will look slightly duller in some light depending on what mil the film is. You might even be better just cleaning the bra with window cleaner though.

3. If using a high quality film, there should be no fade.

BTW, you're looking at between $800-$1000. As someone else pointed out on here, that's about the price of a quality respray.
    2004 WRB WRX Cobb Stage II - Sold...2004 PSM STi Cobb Stage II - Sold...2011 WRB WRX Torqued Performance Stage I - Daily Driven
    My current average MPG

Thank you for the response Ying, I am thinking this may be a good investment and save some of the bug/rock chips on the paint
    2002 Onyx Black Camaro SS (not stock, 435rwhp with full bolt ons, heads/cam, naturally aspirated)

I got mine for $230 but mine was a DIY. Mirrors, fender, hood, are near invisible unless you look at the edge closely, but the bumper you can tell. It was not easy by any means but saved me 450+ so if it lasts through the winter with the salt and sand and all the crap in PA then its worth it for me.

But I definitely agree with Ying, for that price it is a good quality respray. Its all up the owner, since I did it myself it was worth it (financially) for me. If i had of gotten it done by someone else for 700-800 I would be thinking twice. Just my 2 cents.

Also would like to add that it was my first time doing it. I believe when I do the bumper again after the winter it'll be 150 times better. The bumper is by far the easiest part, I have a DIY on the forum that you can search. If you want to do it yourself it might help you out.

I was quoted $500.00 to have it professionally installed by one of the 3 larger automotive aftermarket shops in my area. Which to me isn't that bad, with a lifetime warranty on the product itself and a 5 year warranty on workmanship as far as the installation

I Support ClubWRX
    For $500 what parts of the car does the clear bra cover?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Hey if you can get it for $500 I would jump on it. Thats a killer deal, most shops around the area are $700+. They can charge that price because I've learned first hand its really a meticulous process and I give all those installers a round of applause, especially those who work with a solid piece of film and mold it perfect to the car.

Just make sure you are getting everything, hood (at least 12"), mirrors, full bumper, side mirrors, and maybe the pillars. Good luck!

When I purchased my STI the first thing I did was the clear bra. Think it was $750 for the front half of the fenders, front bumper, scoop, both mirrors and four little pieces inside the handles to prevent scratches.

You can't see it unless you are looking for it....

$500 sounds like a great deal!
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

I'm going out there now to get more info on what all the $500 covers, pretty sure its the entire front bumper, part way up on the hood (don't know measurements yet) and both side mirrors.

I am going to go ahead and go with the clear bra, it will be the entire front bumper, both side mirrors and part of the hood ( pretty much runs right below the hood scoop ) and window tint the same day for $750 for everything

Thats good to hear. Glad you found a deal for both the clear bra and tint. How dark are you getting your tints?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c View Post
    Thats good to hear. Glad you found a deal for both the clear bra and tint. How dark are you getting your tints?
    20% all the way around, I had 20 on my impala and liked it, 35% just looks a little too light for me. Iowa law states you have to let at least 70% of light through so even 35% would be illegal on the fronts. The rear windows you can have as dark as you want.

That'll look real nice, cant wait to see the pics. Once I get my car back from the shop I want to do tints but NJ/PA laws are pretty strict so I might just go 35% since thats what I had on my TT.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c View Post
    That'll look real nice, cant wait to see the pics. Once I get my car back from the shop I want to do tints but NJ/PA laws are pretty strict so I might just go 35% since thats what I had on my TT.
    I saw a car at the shop that looked almost perfect as far as darkness of tint and I assumed it was a 20% but when I asked it was actually 35% but they had the windshield tinted too so it made it look darker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast