New Car Ordered
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Car Ordered within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Good evening everyone! I am very excited, because I am finally able to say that I am a WRX owner! ...

Cool New Car Ordered

Good evening everyone! I am very excited, because I am finally able to say that I am a WRX owner! I ordered a spark silver 4 dr limited sedan with SPT exhaust already installed. It comes with standard package of auto dimming mirror with homelink, spt carbon fiber trim, short throw shifter, and subwoofer. I will also be getting it tinted to AZ max prior to picking it up 20 Aug. I have been obsessed with this car since 2002 when I test drove the 227 HP bug eye. In 2006 I drove the STI and really fell in love. Since then, I have been overseas in Japan for 4 years, and now am in Tucson. Since arrival back to the states, in two years I have owned 3 brand new cars. I started with the 2010 Genesis Coupe Track model, traded that for the 2010 Civic SI, and then traded that in for the 2011 Honda CRZ in hopes that I could save some $$$ on fuel economy during my 50 mile round-trip commute. None gave me the joy I was looking for and all were tossed aside in their time. The CRZ lasted a record time of 3.5 months! I am now in my dream car, the WRX. The STI has been my love; however, I have been told, and have read, that I can get this to the HP of a STI pretty easy. I have a slim to zero chance of taking it to a dirt track where the STI technology will come into play. Please let me know what I can do to increase the HP to a cool 300 or so. Thanks a lot for your help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

congrats on your new car. im also new to subarus and this forum. as far as getting it close to 300hp or so, i would recommend driving it first (if you havent already) then determine if you need more power since stock power is abundant.

most people just keep the car stock and do a stage 1 tune. you can easily find it by searching.

Welcome, i am new to Subarus as well and just picked up a 5 door limited SWP and live in Tucson as well! Loving the car so far and have wanted one for about 8 years. Hope you enjoy the car as well

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to Club
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Welcome you will love the car!, quick question "spt carbon fiber trim" trunk trim I assume?
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

hola

Yes. It was one of those options that just came with it from the factory. I hope I like it. The pictures on the net looked pretty sweet.

Yea it looks sweet here is what it looks like a SWP.

~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

Welcome to the club! I own a 2002 bugeye with the 227hp 2.0. It's a great car, I understand why it sold you on them way back in 2002.

I hope the AC is strong enough for those scorching Tucsan summers. I was just in Phoenix a couple weeks ago and didn't see many WRX/STis around there. I know 90 degrees is about as hot as I can get and still be comfortable with the AC in my '02. Hope yours is stronger Enjoy the car!
    - 2013 BRZ Limited, WRB, manual
    - 2002 WRX WRB Sport Wagon (Stage 1) SOLD
    - 1968 Mercury Cougar w/ custom 331ci stroker & 5-spd
    ~Best 1/4 mi ET: 13.00 Video here--> http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t=MVI_0378.mp4
    ~Best 1/4 mi Trap Speed: 109mph

Quote Originally Posted by 2002SubieWRX View Post
    Welcome to the club! I own a 2002 bugeye with the 227hp 2.0. It's a great car, I understand why it sold you on them way back in 2002.

I hope the AC is strong enough for those scorching Tucsan summers. I was just in Phoenix a couple weeks ago and didn't see many WRX/STis around there. I know 90 degrees is about as hot as I can get and still be comfortable with the AC in my '02. Hope yours is stronger Enjoy the car!
    Man, I hope it can handle the heat. The Sti I drove yesterday in Phoenix seemed comfortable. Have you ever charged it? What does the dealership say about it?

Welcome! And congrats on the purchase. A good stage 1 tune would be a great first mod (after break-in, of course) and would get you the 35hp you're looking for. Just beware...Once you start, it becomes an addiction!!
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.