new guy here soon to have a sti

This is a discussion on new guy here soon to have a sti within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, im looking here seeking information before i make my purchase of the sti. Im currently debateing on a 05or06 ...

new guy here soon to have a sti

Hi,

im looking here seeking information before i make my purchase of the sti.

Im currently debateing on a 05or06 sti.

I would like to know which years are more mod friendly. My state does emmisions so i dont want one that gets a CEL every time you look at it.

Ive also been looking into geting a blowoff vale for one, and saw that its not recomended for stis becuase it would hurt performance, so im not sure what i'll do about that, i was really looking foward to haveing the blowoff sound.

anyways, just checking to make sure i get a mod friendly year of the car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    They're pretty much the same as far as the powertrain.

The problem with BOVs is that most aren't designed that well and tend to leak air. If you want that sound, get an aftermarket bypass valve and an intake tube on your STI when you get it. It won't be obnoxious sounding it and it'll be alright.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

another thing im considering is geting a 2011 WRX

between the options of 05/06 sti, or 2011 wrx what woudl be the better decision?

2011s are sweet! 2012s will also carry the same body. I have seen some prototypes of the me body in 2013 and I hope to God that they change their mind.

Quote Originally Posted by brianfulcher15 View Post
    another thing im considering is geting a 2011 WRX

between the options of 05/06 sti, or 2011 wrx what woudl be the better decision?
    Depends really on what you're looking for. The STI will be able to handle more power reliably. It has a better drivetrain, but it's also 6 years old and the '11 is fresh with a warranty. My preference would be the '11, then I know it hasn't been abused and will be modded correctly and safely.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1