Early Stages of Car Modification

This is a discussion on Early Stages of Car Modification within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Everybody, I have a 2008 WRX with low millage, and so far everything i have done to it is ...

Early Stages of Car Modification

Hey Everybody,

I have a 2008 WRX with low millage, and so far everything i have done to it is cosmetic. With that in mind, i am defiantly looking to take the car to stage 1 in the next year or so...

I was just wondering, and hoping, that someone might have suggestions for a mechanic in or near Westchester County NY, with excessive experience with Subaru's, preferably specifically with WRX's. I don't trust my baby in the hands of anyone but myself, so as soon as they go under the hood i need to know that there is nothing to be worried about.

Please help me!!! any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Ben

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome. For the '08 WRX I'd jump straight to a turbo back exhaust and a tune; this will put you at similar peak power levels to an 09+ WRX. A basic ECU tune won't do any harm however; drive-ability will be much improved over the OEM tune. In the meantime bushings make a great deal of difference in feel of the car, a $30 set of shifter bushings can literally wow you. I wish all the bushings I've replaced were my first mods.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'