New Subaru Owner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Subaru Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, I just this weekend bought a used 2008 Impreza WRX. It is my very first Subaru. Before I ...

New Subaru Owner

Hey everyone,

I just this weekend bought a used 2008 Impreza WRX. It is my very first Subaru. Before I have owned German cars and American. I really like this car a lot. I went into the dealer on Saturday and was just looking around, and had planned on not buying one just yet. I wanted to price them out first. I saw a lightning Red WRX Impreza with premium options that was actually marked as the regular WRX. It had just had it's windshield replaced and was in the service lot, it was a trade in. Only has 36k miles on it.

The dealer gave me the price on it since it was marked as a regular. So, essentially I got the all weather package, the nav/touch screen, the ground effects, spoiler and the mesh grill for the price of a standard model. I had been pricing them out this last month and it should have been priced probably at least 1k if not 1.5 to 2k higher. The car had been on the lot for only 4 days.

I don't plan on upgrading it, or racing it, or anything like that. Just drive it casually and occasionally using the power it comes with when I need to. This particular dealership gives all Subarus an unlimited mile life time warranty on the powertrain. So, if it ever fails, it is covered and my deductible (or co-pay or whatever you want to call it) is only $100 on the repair. So the powertrain is covered for life, which is nice. Although I am not sure I will need it since Subaru has a great history of reliability.

However, it did not come with any manuals. So, I would like to download and/or purchase both the user manual and the service manual if possible. Any suggestions on where to obtain those? I found copies of the STI manual, but not sure if they are compatible with the non STI WRX. I haven't figured out the nav system or the stereo yet...haha it is stuck on repeat and won't play folders from my burned MP3 DVD.

So far I love this car. I got burned out on performance cars after my VW Corrado just drained my bank account and my last car was a Nissan Altima. The WRX is leagues different and I already love it. I am glad to be back in the seat of a car that has both power and can handle very well.

Suggestions on maintenance, what to look for, and other things I should know as a brand new Subaru owner?

I can post pics in a minute.

Thanks,

Tom

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

here they are taken with my cell phone so quality is no bueno, but I cannot for the life of me rotate them...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0284.jpg   IMG_0280.jpg   IMG_0279.jpg  

I Support ClubWRX
    looks good when Im standing on my head....

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

yeah sorry I could not find any options in the attachment section to rotate the pics, on my laptop they are obviously right side up.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the Forum

If you need any advice or parts, just let us know.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

welcome to the forum i thought the same thing when i bought my 08 wrx i thought i wouldnt race it or get performance parts only three months of owning it i got a downpipe lol but welcome again
    Biohazard

Welcome to the Forum, nice car.
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

Thanks, I see you are in KC...I live in KC MO

Nice man, KC Subaru - The Front Page join in. alot of local members and meets.
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the WRX,have fun.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I Support ClubWRX
    Congratulations.Thank you for posting those pics.It's a lot easier for me when they are upside down.They look just fine to me as I'm doing my early morning "Sirsasana" & surfing clubwrx.

To help the others you could use photobucket.I think there is a rotate function there. Upload your pics to photobucket,copy the url & paste it to "insert image" .
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Welcome to the club and congrats on the new ride!

rotate is your friend.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

So any basic tips for a new owner? Maintenance, cool down after running, and all of that? I read a lot of different things online involving the WRX but not sure what to tell what is valid advice and what is not.

thanks

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tlarkin View Post
    So any basic tips for a new owner? Maintenance, cool down after running, and all of that? I read a lot of different things online involving the WRX but not sure what to tell what is valid advice and what is not.

thanks
    Don't crash it...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Don't crash it...
    Or use it as a surf board?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast