Thoughts on upgrades?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Thoughts on upgrades? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have had my WRX for about 2 weeks now. Still enjoying it and was just looking at what people ...

Thoughts on upgrades?

I have had my WRX for about 2 weeks now. Still enjoying it and was just looking at what people thoughts are on the COBB upgrades. Would you piece together parts over time (buy the COBB accessport, then later the downpipe, then down the road the cat back) or do you think its better bang for the buck to just buy the stage 2 kit from COBB.

My first change will be cosmetic. Tint
    But other than that I am up in the air as to what I would want to do. Short Shifter?
    Mainly right now it would be more for the driving experience as this car right now is only driven on the weekends but in future years it may become a daily driver or I will buy another beater since I commute 100 miles round trip a day. I have read the first mods thread and the big 2011 mods thread and was just looking for more of peoples personal options.
    2003 Nissan Sentra GXE (Traded)
    2004 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V (200000 + miles and still kicking)
    2010 Nissan Maxima SV (Traded)
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i think the kits are overpriced. definitely piece your own stuff together. also, wait til your break in period is over to go stage2

short shifter- DEFINITELY a good investment. cant go wrong.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

How worthwhile is the shortshifter? I had a Revo short shifter in my RSX like 8 years ago and swear I didn't notice any change at all until the thing ultimately failed while I was 3 miles from my house and I had to use 3rd only to get home...

I have an 03 bugeye btw, I know I haven't made a sig or anything yet. I lazy.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I feel that with bushings and a short shifter, it would be a very worthwhile setup.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.