New with 03 Bugeye
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New with 03 Bugeye within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, so about a month and a half ago some girl decided to try and catch a yellow arrow ...

New with 03 Bugeye

Hey everyone, so about a month and a half ago some girl decided to try and catch a yellow arrow that had long since disappeared. In doing so she destroyed the RSX that I had owned and loved for the last 9 or so years. So I took the insurance money and after about a month of searching, found the 03 bugeye wrx to replace my now dead RSX. Absolutely loving the car all around, except for the speakers lol.

I have limited funds right now and am not looking into doing too much to it but there are a few things I would like to get straightened out with some of the leftover insurance money I have.

First and probably most easy are the headlights. The passanger's side was in an accident about 6 months ago so the passanger's side headlight is nice, new and clear, while the driver's side is old and faded. I was hoping to find a decent pair with black housings. The problem is I am really picky and trying to avoid the cheapy autozone/ebay look. Does Subaru actually make them? Maybe JDM only that I would have to search out?

Second would be the uppipe. After reading about the problems the stocker can cause I am definately replacing it. Is it really a 6-7 hour install? and does anyone have any suggestions for brands? I was seeing alot of people going with Grimmspeed are they decent?

And last is the shortram intake that came on the car. The previous owner said he had purchased the car with it already on it and it appears to be an Injen brand. After reading this I am assuming that the MAF is whats causing the CEL to be on. Was wondering how big a problem this is, I am probably going to be swapping it out for either stock or another shortram that is designed to work with the MAF.

Thanks in advance, any input would be great. I'm used to how hondas work but this is all new and exciting lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cant help on lights but this link might tell you what you need to know about the uppipe!!...good luck

What is the best catless uppipe for a 2002 WRX?

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the Forum

Grimmspeed makes great products by the way.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Welcome! It's refreshing to have a new owner do some research before wasing money on usless mods. As stated, Grimmspeed make a good product. I think the headlight you are talking about are morettes (not sure of the spelling) but they are hard to find now-a-days and I'm not sure they are made anymore. I would have the ECU scanned before assuming it;s the intake, but it very well could be.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Cool, thanks for the responses guys. And the headlights I'm looking for are these:

This is from a showoff thread by member that_dude. I pm him but it says he hasn't been on in a month or so. Just wondering if the jdm makes these or if they're all just aftermarkets. I may just opt for a stock replacement of the one old headlight and put in some fogs.

those are modded stockers
    look up the "koji mod" or simply "headlight mod"
    basically you bake em in the oven to remove the lense and then paint it black and seal em back up

i think theres an ebay version but oem is usually better so i'd get a new drivers side headlight and mod em, its easy
    LIVE LOUD, ROCK HARD!!@

2003 WRX wagon 16g + 6 speed

DIY Headlight Mod

i didnt bother with the turn signal "projector conversion" he did, but that link should help
    LIVE LOUD, ROCK HARD!!@

2003 WRX wagon 16g + 6 speed

Oh cool, thanks man. Everything is still a toss up right now on what I'm definately doing but you guys have been great help so far. I'm sure I'll be bothering everyone with more questions as time goes on

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.