New to Subaru

This is a discussion on New to Subaru within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Got my SRP '02 WRX yesterday, as part as a little change of pace in life, new city, new school, ...

New to Subaru

Got my SRP '02 WRX yesterday, as part as a little change of pace in life, new city, new school, definitely gotta get a new car.I'll be heading for the mountains of NC come august and will start hunting out a personal version of pikes peak. Had to sell my first car, an '01 Audi A4 2.8 V6 quattro because she was getting tired and repair expenses were piling up, kept stock for my whole ownership (read: repair bills on german cars ). My new Subaru came couple extras, boost guage (idk if this is stick or not) , Fujita CAI ( previous owner couldn't find the stock one, anyone WTT?), HKS 3" exhaust with a giant 4.5 tip (luckily this isn't installed) and 2 10" pioneers and an 800 watt amp. I have done a fair amount of research and I know I need a new UP, like yesterday, honestly I'm inclined to hunt a STI one out so I can keep it close to stock until I can afford some tuning. When I move I will have a roughly 1,000 sq ft basement/garage and will be living with a very mechanically inclined friend with a MIG welder, I can't wait to see what I can do with this baby and fair amount of creativity, I have dreams of skidplates and pushbars and maybe a set of Forester struts to deal with the curbs and snow. Included are the first pictures of the new Subaru and one picture of the old girl on her last day with me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011-07-23 13.29.44.jpg   2011-07-26 13.45.02.jpg   2011-07-26 13.45.13.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Nice looking bugeye, welcome! It seems that you are very well informed already. Whether or not the UP failures have been blown out of proportion, it's always good to be safe rather than sorry. The STi (or gutted stocker) uppipe will help you to pass inspection should you choose to change locations. I would remove the Fujita CAI ASAP. I had a friend that bought one of those for his 2004 WRX years ago and it caused all sorts of MAF issues.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the Forum

If you have any questions, feel free to PM us or call us. We're here to help.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Good luck with your new Bugeye.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[