new owner of 2003 wrx wagon exhaust question

This is a discussion on new owner of 2003 wrx wagon exhaust question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everybody looking for cat back exhaust opinions i have about 250- 300 max to spend on exhaust i'd like ...

new owner of 2003 wrx wagon exhaust question

Hey everybody looking for cat back exhaust opinions i have about 250- 300 max to spend on exhaust i'd like a nice deep rumble from a cat back system i'll do a down pipe and such later just wonder if anybody has ideas i'll even buy used i dont care just need it to bolt up and roll ANY OPINIONS WELCOME thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    None of the cat-backs on the market brand new are in that price range for your car. Used...maybe. New, nope.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    you can get ebay brand for 300 brand new. some people love em, some people hate em. i havent had issues w/ mine.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Ebay exhausts work fine. Search 02-07 WRX exhaust and you'll find a bunch that cost around $250 shipped. I had the M2 exhaust on mine - cobb replicas. Decent sound, decent fit. Only problem is you'll need extended exhaust hangers so your bumper doesn't burn.
    '11 WRX 5-door Premium - Satin White Pearl
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-progress.html

ok. then what am i looking at im seeing some that range from 300 all the way 800+ and dont i have to tune it after putting it on. im new to these kind of vehicles i came from a 55 big block belair to this and i absolutely love it just do not know that much about tuning, what needs to be done, how to get it done ect. but i can do the mechanics part of it just computers not so good with

ok i ordered the ebay brand, thanks for that, now the tuning part. i hear if you just put exhaust on it your computer will compensate for it and you'll be back to square one - true or false? im just slowely but surely getting things done. love the bug eye wagon trying to post pics its all stock! as stock can get 129,000 miles and very well taken care of no leaks, everything maintained when it was suppose to be and i got a great deal on it, im a mechanic and i purchased an 04 durango for 2500 dollars put a trans in it, traded it to a dealer and 2000 cash and got this clean and clear and all documented milage with it, sorry to babble just really proud of my purchase.

I Support ClubWRX
    catbacks do not need a tune.

full turboback exhausts require a tune on 04+ wrx.'s

02-03 can get away with no tuning but its recommended to see the best gains.

desiree

god finally someone who gives detail thank you so much. do you think it was a good buy??

I Support ClubWRX
    lol sure. ive had my ebay exhaust for 4 years. nice sound, good fitment. im actually getting rid of mine shortly just because i want to try out something different

desiree