New '06 Hawkeye in NY
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on New '06 Hawkeye in NY within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey! I'm Chelsea. I've had my '06 Aspen White WRX since November and I absolutely LOVE it. I've loved the ...

Talking New '06 Hawkeye in NY

Hey! I'm Chelsea. I've had my '06 Aspen White WRX since November and I absolutely LOVE it. I've loved the car, and the year ever since it came out. I had been driving a POS 2000 Gold (and black, after some crash damage from a stupid ex boyfriend) Cavalier, when one day I passed this car and HAD to get it. I had been saving up for 3 years and waiting to find the right car, and I finally found her. She only had one owner before me who took great care of the car, so even with 80,000 miles it was in great condition. So far I've only done changes to the looks, like a white with black stars front badge (working on the back one soon), black rims and a few decals. I plan on getting an intake and doing an exhaust job at some point, but for now I'm just happy I have my dream car.

crappy iPhone pic because my real camera broke...
    Last edited by chelseaWRX06; 07-22-2011 at 03:56 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hola and congrats on the car. she looks good.

Personally, i would get the windows tinted. I think that would complete the black and white look, and with a day lik today, will definitely help.

thanks and i plan on tinting, it just hasn't fallen into the budget yet, and I don't want to do a crappy home job. I hope to get it soon though, especially on the sunroof, because black leather seats + sun = a burnt back and butt.

Welcome, Chelsea. Where in NY are you located?
    -Holden
    Bugeye wagon - ERZ Uppipe - TurboXS Axleback - Swift Springs - JNA Lip

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice car. Welcome to the Forum
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Quote Originally Posted by Uh Oh View Post
    Where in NY are you located?
    Putnam County.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

LEOs have been nailing people for tint quite often (at least a bit further upstate), so be aware of that when choosing your percentage.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

nice car, I love the black & white stars I never thought about that before. How did you pull that off. Are the wheels stock or aftermarket?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by wrxjdm View Post
    nice car, I love the black & white stars I never thought about that before. How did you pull that off. Are the wheels stock or aftermarket?
    Those are oem 06-07 wheels.
    Here's a link to the badge painting tutorial: How to paint your Subaru badge, both the stars and the background! - NASIOC

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    Welcome!

Those are oem 06-07 wheels.
    Here's a link to the badge painting tutorial: How to paint your Subaru badge, both the stars and the background! - NASIOC
    yep, stock rims, just skillfully spray painted by my best friend (cheaper and smarter than powder coating, IMO because god forbid the rim gets curbed or scratched, you'd have to get the whole rim re-coated, where with spray paint you just have to respray.)

Quote Originally Posted by wrxjdm View Post
    I used a tutorial similar to the one above. But if you try it be very careful not to scratch the plastic, and don't use brake cleaner... I did and it got onto the front of the badge and now it's not as shiny as it should be. I might buy another stock one and re-do it at some point.
    Chelsea "CHASE"
    '06 Aspen White WRX

"If you park your car and don't feel inclined to look back at it as you walk away, you have the wrong car."
    I look back every time...

By the way, I became a member of NASIOC the same time I joined clubWRX, and I like it here better. You all seem more about complimenting each others cars, where at NASIOC everything is just one big joke, like "LETS MAKE FUN OF YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE NEW!!" Good looks, everyone.
    Chelsea "CHASE"
    '06 Aspen White WRX

"If you park your car and don't feel inclined to look back at it as you walk away, you have the wrong car."

Quote Originally Posted by chelseaWRX06 View Post
    By the way, I became a member of NASIOC the same time I joined clubWRX, and I like it here better. You all seem more about complimenting each others cars, where at NASIOC everything is just one big joke, like "LETS MAKE FUN OF YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE NEW!!" Good looks, everyone.
    yeah, this is definitely a friendlier place. there are a lot of meets that go on with the members here too.

nasioc is full of information, and a great place to find deals on parts though

Quote Originally Posted by shadowpr View Post
    yeah, this is definitely a friendlier place. there are a lot of meets that go on with the members here too.
    Sweet. The only meet I've gone to so far is Monday nights exit 8 in Danbury,CT. It's not a strictly Subaru meet, I'm actually usually the only subie there... So I'd be interested in going to something where I have people to talk to about them lol.
    Chelsea "CHASE"
    '06 Aspen White WRX

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice buy! Did you drive it through the winter?
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.Nice hawkeye.Where in Putnam county are you from?I'm not too far away in Westchester.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.