New to the forum and looking for a Subie. Got some questions!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New to the forum and looking for a Subie. Got some questions! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, I am new to subarus and to this specific forum. I used to own a turboed scion tc that ...

New to the forum and looking for a Subie. Got some questions!

Hi, I am new to subarus and to this specific forum. I used to own a turboed scion tc that made 300hp/300tq so im pretty knowledgeable with the turbo game.

I am from Centralia,WA so if anyone knows anybody around the Seattle/Portland area selling a wagon please let me know!

I am looking for a 2002 Wagon with relatively low miles around 100k-130k miles or so with or without mods and i have a few questions:

1. If I were to change the BPV and put a HKS SSQV on instead is it a straight swap or is there more to it?

2. When i change the cat in the up-pipe or downpipe or whatever do i have to get it retuned or is it a straight swap and your good to go?

3. Same thing if i were to put a short ram on, is it a straight swap or once again do you need a tune?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    1. You would have to plug your recirculating tube which some manufacturers sell to do so. The downside with BOVs is that they are known for leaking and they're just not designed well for day to day driving and the throttle reactions you should have with your BOV...so you may experience shaking and bucking due to air leaking out when you don't want it to.

2. I would suggest it.

3. I would suggest it.

For 2 and 3, do it in 1 shot, have it professionally tuned.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Welcome to ClubWRX!

I'm sure you'll be able to find a good quality Bugeye wagon in these areas.

1. The stock BPV is good quality, and holds boost well. There is no need to upgrade to an aftermarket unit. If you want the car to be louder it's best to stick to numbers 2. and 3. Please read this thread http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=468038

2. Yes, you want to change the uppipe, (Please read this Attn '02-'05 WRX Owners: The Importance of the Uppipe Mod ) The downpipe is also a great mod. You should have the engine tuned for the downpipe on a MY02 car. The ECU must be tuned for MY03+ cars. (please read this Yes, you need an EM for engine mods )

3. Some intakes do not require a tune (SPT or Cobb) others require a tune (Perrin). First Modifications - what to do and not to do

Get a hold of the folks at PRE Racing in Portland, they do everything from maintenance and upgrades, to tuning.
    Performance Race Engineering - PREracing.com
    Kronos Performance is an awesome ClubWRX Vendor too!

Edit: Please read the Stickies (FAQ's) in this portion of the forum http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-purchasing-forum/ specifically the How to Buy a Used WRX or STI thread
    Last edited by SeattleJeremy; 07-20-2011 at 04:21 PM.

yea I was suppost to go down to Beaverton,OR and hopefully pick up a car but apparently they just sold it. But its better to take your time than to rush into buying something just because you want it. So if anybody know people wanting to get rid of their bugeye wagon or even a clean sedan I have about 8000 to spend plus maybe a little more depending on what it is.

Welcome Neighbor!!
    04 WRX Wagon. 18's, Catless uppipe, silencer mod..
    67 Cuda 493" big spinny thingy
    63 Savoy 413" 4 speed..
    99 dodge ram CTD modded.
    08 M109R2
    08 Vegas Low

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.