'11 SWP Hatchback

This is a discussion on '11 SWP Hatchback within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone! I'm loving the 2011s! Here's my Premium 5-door in Satin White Pearl; came with SPT exhaust, SPT short ...

'11 SWP Hatchback

Hello everyone! I'm loving the 2011s! Here's my Premium 5-door in Satin White Pearl; came with SPT exhaust, SPT short throw shifter, cargo tray, and security shock sensor.

Put a deposit down on 7/9, delivered 7/14, and picked last Friday 7/15 with 10 miles on the odometer. Now has about 350. I drove up to the Tomales Bay Oyster Co. from San Francisco (47 miles) for some spirted, fun driving. The '11 WRX handles really well. I was definitely surprised. Loving the bluetooth capability as it allows me to stream pandora and my mp3s directly from my cell phone. No mods planned yet, just gonna try and enjoy it as is

47 mile drive I did with my brother and his Miata.

The funnest stretch right here.

Last edited by GOMEZ; 07-20-2011 at 12:05 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

congrats! beautiful car. that is a great drive, i have driven in that area before. If you get a chance, i would recommned the drive down to Santa Cruz, Monterrey, and on along the coast on the 1. AMAZING! The first week I had my car i drove from San Luis Obispo along the 1 all the way to Monterrey and back, obviously the opposite direction as you, but it is an amazing drive in either direction.

enjoy!
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

I Support ClubWRX
    BEAUTIFUL car....but then again, I may be a little biased. ;-)

No mods? I'll be the first to say I respect your current opinion....but don't believe you. :-) It'll start with sway bars and endlinks to get rid of that that lean and understeer...then you may feel this strange need for trans mounts and diff bushings to firm up that responsiveness factor...then you'll realize the throw on that shifter is nice, but feels a bit mushy....then you may wonder what all the hype is about with this whole 'stage 1 tune' thing (this may actually happen first)...then...hehe
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Quote Originally Posted by dbya rx View Post
    congrats! beautiful car. that is a great drive, i have driven in that area before. If you get a chance, i would recommned the drive down to Santa Cruz, Monterrey, and on along the coast on the 1. AMAZING! The first week I had my car i drove from San Luis Obispo along the 1 all the way to Monterrey and back, obviously the opposite direction as you, but it is an amazing drive in either direction.

enjoy!
    I've driven the 1 along Pismo, Santa Barbara, and SLO...it's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    BEAUTIFUL car....but then again, I may be a little biased. ;-)

No mods? I'll be the first to say I respect your current opinion....but don't believe you. :-) It'll start with sway bars and endlinks to get rid of that that lean and understeer...then you may feel this strange need for trans mounts and diff bushings to firm up that responsiveness factor...then you'll realize the throw on that shifter is nice, but feels a bit mushy....then you may wonder what all the hype is about with this whole 'stage 1 tune' thing (this may actually happen first)...then...hehe
    You're right. I would be lying if i wasn't thinking about sway bars already. I should rephrase my statement and say "I'm going to try and not catch the mod bug for as long as possible". I plan on doing some HPDEs in the future and that will definitely require some handling/suspension mods, tires, better brakes, etc.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GOMEZ View Post
    You're right. I would be lying if i wasn't thinking about sway bars already. I should rephrase my statement and say "I'm going to try and not catch the mod bug for as long as possible". I plan on doing some HPDEs in the future and that will definitely require some handling/suspension mods, tires, better brakes, etc.
    That's the spirit. :-)
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Good choice! welcome to the club

nice color just hit 300 miles yesterday and the tint and clear bra are going on today. Cant wait to get the car back and go for another drive
    97 Ninja 600r sold
    99 integra gsr sold
    02 pathfinder sold
    01 YamFZR 600 sold
    04 WRX Sold
    2011 WRX DGM
    Good judgement is based upon experience. Experience is based upon BAD JUDGEMENT!!!

I've been thinking of getting a clear bra. Is it easy to maintain and can you wax it?

after 3 weeks...
    '11 WRX 5-door Premium - Satin White Pearl
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-progress.html

Love the power.

nice ride! tint mod asap :P
    fishbowl no bueno!
    2011 WRX DGM Limited Hatch
    Stink-Eye Mob #408

Cobb AP Stage 1, AEM CAI, SPT CBE, Tint, Red Tail Overlays, V1 hardwire, RA Mudflaps, STI STS, HT Auto Front Lip

I definitely want tints soon. I was thinking 45-35%, not too dark as cops are pretty strict in my area. But more so, i'd like to get Whiteline 22mm front and rear swaybars!

Gratz ! great color, I hit my 1month owner today and have 2300miles on her, so fun to drive!
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats,all broken in now for maximum enjoyment.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

now its time to have fun
    97 Ninja 600r sold
    99 integra gsr sold
    02 pathfinder sold
    01 YamFZR 600 sold
    04 WRX Sold
    2011 WRX DGM
    Good judgement is based upon experience. Experience is based upon BAD JUDGEMENT!!!