This may be stupid...

This is a discussion on This may be stupid... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was wondering cause I was reading the engine mods and stuff. What is tuning? Is it like 136pt inspection ...

This may be stupid...

I was wondering cause I was reading the engine mods and stuff. What is tuning? Is it like 136pt inspection or something?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    tuning is reflashing the ECU to accommodate certain modifications.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Ok so I have bought a 09 WRX STI from the subaru dealership thanks for the info I couldnt find it in the ClubWRX or the WRX info posts.

Gratz on the car and welcome. Color? Miles? any mods already?.................Pics?

Yeah dude. Its WRX STI Hatch RED hot '09 with 25k, I dont really know about any mods on it bought from a subaru dealership, it still looks completely stock. Plus It runs like diablo himself. I love this bad ash car. What the hell are the stages? I keep hearing about wrx stage 1 or 2 what does that mean?

Stages are Type of Mods done to the Car, Cobb seems to be the most popular that everyone goes to. I just picked mine up last week, so new owner here too.

Here's the link to Cobb's site. Stage 1 usually refers to the AP unit which is way to flash and ECU and see very nice gains for $600 bucks and some people do a Short Ram Intake or Cold Air intake with it as well.

CobbTuning.com - COBB Tuning Home Page

Your car's engine is controlled by a computer. That computer has a 'program', if you will, called a map. This is what the computer uses to tell your engine what to do. Tuning, is making changes to that map, in order to make the engine do what it must to operate and get the largest gains from many mods, and certainly all big-power making mods require a tune to run properly and safely.