Oil Change Right after breakin?

This is a discussion on Oil Change Right after breakin? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was wondering what the opinions were for having the oil changed at ~1000 miles (on my '11 WRX). I've ...

Oil Change Right after breakin?

I was wondering what the opinions were for having the oil changed at ~1000 miles (on my '11 WRX).

I've heard mixed reviews. Wait till the first scheduled service...get it done asap...etc.

Any advice? I'm sitting around 500 miles right now.

thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    What does your manual say? Go with that.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Yea, I was at same point too, 3days of having mine and I'm at 460miles. I didn't see what the manual said but my dealer told me to bring it in at 1k for first oil change. Did you get the 3yr maintence too? if so bring it in. we don;t pay for oil changes anyways

I changed mine at 1000. Figured it was cheap insurance.

my 2010 manual says first oil change at 3000, and then at 3750 intervals after the first 3k. makes the math kinda funny, but i just followed the manual instructions.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Quote Originally Posted by kcwrxfan View Post
    Yea, I was at same point too, 3days of having mine and I'm at 460miles. I didn't see what the manual said but my dealer told me to bring it in at 1k for first oil change. Did you get the 3yr maintence too? if so bring it in. we don;t pay for oil changes anyways
    I haven't gotten all of my paper work yet. But, I know that I have at least 24 months of service free through Subaru. I'll be following up with them if I don't get something in the mail soon.

I Support ClubWRX
    If its free I would take it.But apparently most of the maintenence packages have been paid for when you bought the car.For the hundredth time the manual says oil changes are at 7500 miles with Subaru synthetic oil for all 2011 turbo models.There is no mention about an oil change after the break in period.Maybe that was the old routine & the dealers didn't get the memo.If your dealer is doing the change more often just make sure that they are using the oil specified by Subaru.I doubt they will use synthetic oil every 3500 miles.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Changing your oil before the "recommendation" won't hurt your car... Use quality oil and a Subaru oem filter or other quality filter and your good to go. I just a new long block (09 built in 07/08 ) and dealer told me the oil change was due in 3750 miles but that they recommend an oil change at or close to 1k miles.

Sent from my iPwn 4 using Tapatalk

My dealer said first change at 3000 miles. Then second at the scheduled maintenance which is 7500 miles and then keep following the manual which is every 7500 miles.

This is for the 2011, other years may be different.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    My engine builder recommends first change at 100 miles, second change at 1000, regular schedule after that.