Past my dealers recommend 1st maintenance, everything will be ok, right?

This is a discussion on Past my dealers recommend 1st maintenance, everything will be ok, right? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was a bit confused because Subaru says that Turbo cars should go in for maintenance (1st time) @ 7,000, ...

Past my dealers recommend 1st maintenance, everything will be ok, right?

I was a bit confused because Subaru says that Turbo cars should go in for maintenance (1st time) @ 7,000, but my dealer wants me to go in @ 3,500, however, I am at 4,000 miles.

My scooby feels and is driving smoothly and I do plan on taking the car into the dealership tomorrow. Curious if anyone else had this similar situation pop-up?

Thanks!
    Go San Diego Super Chargers!
    I love video games, HD movies and board games
    Best car ever!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Do what Subaru says. Your dealer is retarded.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Read the manual,show the dealer the manual if he doesn't have one.It clearly states oil changes at 7500 miles with Subaru Synthetic oil.Subaru definitely knows more about the car they sell than your dealer.

Yeah and whatever Drews said.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Read the manual,show the dealer the manual if he doesn't have one.It clearly states oil changes at 7500 miles with Subaru Synthetic oil.Subaru definitely knows more about the car they sell than your dealer.

Yeah and whatever Drews said.
    Good point both of you point out. When I go in tomorrow I will raise this question and see what they say.

Thanks!
    Go San Diego Super Chargers!
    I love video games, HD movies and board games
    Best car ever!

I Support ClubWRX
    From the dealers point of view,its twice as much money in his pocket if they make you come in more often than needed.My dealer said that I should stick to the manual.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by biniciWRX View Post
    Good point both of you point out. When I go in tomorrow I will raise this question and see what they say.

Thanks!
    What they say should be of no interest at all. What they provide in writing is all that matters. Ask them to provide in writing what the required maintenance schedule comprises so that you can meet your end of the warranty. Recommended maintenance from the dealer is by definition unnecessary for the warranty.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    So what would be the drawbacks if you change that oil faster than 7500? And it is free under the plan.
    2011.WRX.PRM.GRB.WRB
    Stink-Eye Mob #103

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't think Subaru use a break-in oil, so the drawbacks would only be environmental plus your time.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ok, cos i did one at like 4000 too. And the bastard didn't give me any paperwork, said hes gonna mail it, i didn't pick up on that cos is was slow and tired after the night shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Do what Subaru says. Your dealer is retarded.
    I think I might put that in my sig on day...
    2011.WRX.PRM.GRB.WRB
    Stink-Eye Mob #103

lol Yea I questioned mine Tues when I picked up mine about my first oil change and the GM and the F&I guy both said they recommend 1k for first oil change plus I have 3yr maintenance with Subaru so oil changes are covered. I think it would depend on the dealer honestly, good luck.