New Member looking for info
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Member looking for info within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys and gals, My name is Jay Gadsby. I am a Staff Sergeant in the US Army. Currently deployed ...

New Member looking for info

Hey guys and gals,

My name is Jay Gadsby. I am a Staff Sergeant in the US Army. Currently deployed for my 4th tour in Iraq. My wife has pretty much OKed me buying a WRX for a DD since my Titan is about another car payment a month in gas. I am here trying to gather some info. I am not new to the car scene, so I know search is my friend. I am primarily a Nissan guy (sold my Z32 project car that previously put down 464rwhp@18.5lbs to buy a boat, now miss a car). Having twins in January, so I need a car, the Titan backseat just doesnt cut it.

Why a WRX for me? I test drove one when they first came out in America back in the day in New Hampshire. The dealer let me take it down a dirt road, I whooped the hell out of it, and all around had a blasty blast. I love the looks of the 2nd Gen style (not the bug eye one, I will learn the chassis code soon enough).

Thanks for reading, I am looking forward to reading up on everything and learning a lot! Take care guys and gals!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! Stay safe in the desert
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

hola

Thanks guys! Now my debate is to either find one with mods, or un-molested... hmmmmm. Wife may be happier already modded lol.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Gadsby View Post
    Thanks guys! Now my debate is to either find one with mods, or un-molested... hmmmmm. Wife may be happier already modded lol.
    Welcome. Careful with already modded WRXs. You never know what you're really gettin into.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Gadsby View Post
    Welcome and good luck with your search! This place is defiantly the right place to start searching around for anything you might need, and if you can not find it just ask. I know you said you like the 2nd generation subi which would be the blobeyes i believe, but have you given any thought as to what years you might want to look at, or even the style of the car that you would like so we can throw out some friendly suggestions! Good luck Sergeant and we look forward to hearing more from you!
    Stink-Eye Mob #333
    2011 Lightning Red WRX
    Stage 2+ 93

Yes I guess the Blobeye makes sense lol. I prefer this style of car.

I like the lowered stance, grip driving, go fast type of car. I have not driven a modded WRX, so I can not tell you how much HP and such I am would be aiming for. I will be dragging the car occasionally. My in-laws and I are actually debating opening our own drag strip, so that is a necessity. Thanks guys!

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    Modded wrx's are fun, when you know the modding has been done correctly. Trusting someone else with that is a huge leap which could go either way.

Thanks for your service, I just joined the army and ship to basic in november
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

Congrats man! If you have any questions about the Army, feel free to PM me. I have been in over 10 years now, so I know a thing or two

Thanks for your service sir! and Welcome!!
    04 WRX Wagon. 18's, Catless uppipe, silencer mod..
    67 Cuda 493" big spinny thingy
    63 Savoy 413" 4 speed..
    99 dodge ram CTD modded.
    08 M109R2
    08 Vegas Low

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Gadsby
    I like the lowered stance, grip driving, go fast type of car. I have not driven a modded WRX, so I can not tell you how much HP and such I am would be aiming for. I will be dragging the car occasionally. My in-laws and I are actually debating opening our own drag strip, so that is a necessity. Thanks guys!
    Dragging on the WRX transmission can spell doom, especially at higher power levels.

If you start getting into modification levels where you'll run decent times and are still on the stock transmission, have money set aside for a new one (6MT, Albins, PPGs).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.