Clutch Noise? Need help please =[ (2011 wrx)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Clutch Noise? Need help please =[ (2011 wrx) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Helloo =]. So I went out to go to safeway to buy some food. I let my car warm up ...

Clutch Noise? Need help please =[ (2011 wrx)

Helloo =]. So I went out to go to safeway to buy some food. I let my car warm up for a little bit but not "fully" warm up just when the rpm was hitting the 1k mark then I decided to go (wasn't that far so I didn't see the point of waiting too long). When I started driving I heard that my clutch was making weird noises right when I was releasing it and to check that it was actually my clutch that was making the noise I pumped it a few times and the noise was still there.

It was kind of a whining noise? Like as I was releasing the clutch it made a weird noise that was coming from the engine bay. But when I didn't touch the clutch their wouldn't be any sound. I reached the parking lot and turned off my car not knowing what was wrong with it. I turned it back on after a little while and it still made that noise. I drove it around for a little while until the car was actually warmed up and the noise just disappeared? I am not sure if there is just something wrong with the clutch or if it's because I didn't let the car fully warm up?

Can anyone help me out on what it is? Or is it really just because the car wasn't fully warmed up? Because something like this never happened to be before even when the car wasn't fully warmed up.

Thanks in Advancee!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have a brand new '11 under 300 miles and ive never heard any "weird noises" coming from the engine the clutch etc. If it begins to develop further and effects performance you might want to have it looked at... especially if you dont know that much about mechanics yourself. Goodluck brother

=[ I'm at 13.3k miles atm. Sighh makes me so sadd

Bring it to the dealership. You have a warranty, might as well use it.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    Bring it to the dealership. You have a warranty, might as well use it.
    Bingo...if your car is under warranty thats the best place to go. Unless you're an idiot and have been doing clutch dumps in your car and now the clutch is worn and you wanted advice for your own stupidity which, if it were the case, we can't control.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by hisdigness View Post

YES IT SOUNDS LIKE THAT !!!!!!!!
    I went to the dealership they just said its the air pump and its just really loud?
    did you figure out what was wrong with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Bingo...if your car is under warranty thats the best place to go. Unless you're an idiot and have been doing clutch dumps in your car and now the clutch is worn and you wanted advice for your own stupidity which, if it were the case, we can't control.
    nah I don't dump the clutch I am still kinda scared to push my car >_<<

yea a few of us have the same sound on cold starts. I have no idea wtf it is. There is no power loss or performance hindrance so I don't worry about it too much. I will have them take a look when I go in for my next oil change in August. That video is actually a video I took and posted to youtube for my post on the subject.

Getting a whistle sound when depressing the clutch (first cold morning start only)

I Support ClubWRX
    I had something worse once.As I was coming to a turn I shifted into 2nd & went uphill & there was this loud screeching noise like metal against metal.At first I thought that it sounded like the brakes ,& it would not go away.This continued for another half mile as I limped in 2nd till I again made another turn,went uphill & it mysteriously disappeared just as it had appeared. And it has never happened again.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Yeah I don't have any performance changes or anything. It is just a whistling noise. Let me know if you find out what the problem is! =]

Quote Originally Posted by hisdigness View Post
    Mine does the same thing, not as loud. I didn't really think much of it.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    Mine does the same thing, not as loud. I didn't really think much of it.

Pretty sure mine makes the same exact sound also but only for a few seconds then it is gone. Sounds like it is a popular noise and doesn't seem to be causing any problems yet so until then i think it is safe to say we are all safe lol
    Stink-Eye Mob #333
    2011 Lightning Red WRX
    Stage 2+ 93

LOLL =]]] hopefully we are all safe =]

Registered User Erikjenkins11876's Avatar
    It's just throwout bearing chatter, your good Mine does it too!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast