Clutch Noise? Need help please =[ (2011 wrx) - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Clutch Noise? Need help please =[ (2011 wrx) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Difference with mine is that I don't push mine in to make it make noise.. I push it in to ...

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Difference with mine is that I don't push mine in to make it make noise.. I push it in to make it stop making the noise.. but maybe that doesn't matter.
    My Build | Facebook | I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by nibbles View Post
    Helloo =]. So I went out to go to safeway to buy some food. I let my car warm up for a little bit but not "fully" warm up just when the rpm was hitting the 1k mark then I decided to go (wasn't that far so I didn't see the point of waiting too long). When I started driving I heard that my clutch was making weird noises right when I was releasing it and to check that it was actually my clutch that was making the noise I pumped it a few times and the noise was still there.

It was kind of a whining noise? Like as I was releasing the clutch it made a weird noise that was coming from the engine bay. But when I didn't touch the clutch their wouldn't be any sound. I reached the parking lot and turned off my car not knowing what was wrong with it. I turned it back on after a little while and it still made that noise. I drove it around for a little while until the car was actually warmed up and the noise just disappeared? I am not sure if there is just something wrong with the clutch or if it's because I didn't let the car fully warm up?

Can anyone help me out on what it is? Or is it really just because the car wasn't fully warmed up? Because something like this never happened to be before even when the car wasn't fully warmed up.

Thanks in Advancee!
    My car does this exact same thing from time to time. It's usually not very loud and lasts only a few seconds on days that it happens so I haven't worried about it too much. I think I have noticed it typically occurring during relatively cold days or when it rains.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.