New girl from Boston
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on New girl from Boston within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey there WRX owners, my name is Brittany and I do not currently own a WRX, yet, but decided it ...

New girl from Boston

Hey there WRX owners, my name is Brittany and I do not currently own a WRX, yet, but decided it would be beneficial to join your forum and learn from everyone's experiences. I currently own a 03 Mitsubishi Eclipse and am part of their forum club3g.com, so I understand the basics of how the forum works. If anyone wants to point me in the direction of which section will educate me about the best model and options that would be appreciated! Thanks a lot in advance everyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome. what do you want to know about wrx's? are you looking to modify one or just get a D.D?

Welcome

Hi everyone. I'm here boyfriend, Chad, and we actually joined this site together. Reason being, when we get our first car together were looking at a WRX. I believe the year we're looking at 2009 - 2011's I believe. We want it as a DD car, and something that will last us a good while and for us to grow on. There most likely will be a couple of lil bolt ons . Nothing crazy though. But yea, neither one of us are n00bs to the whole forum thing, for like she said we are part of club3g.com (30k members world wide) and we will search around in time for most of the information - but if you have any helpful info to our questions, please feel free to chime in.

Right now, I like the 5 door hatch, while she's more of a 4 door lover (with the wing). I'll be lurking around for info on the platform and FAQ's. Thanks!

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome

if you want help choosing between years/models/trim levels/etc, check out cars101.com

if you are looking at 09-10 [used]:
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI

anything else, read the stickies @ the top of each forum

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

welcome to both of you
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to club. You may want to explore the links in my signature.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome to you both , so one has to ask why a scooby over what would seem a obvious choice to go from the eclipse to a evo ?
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    welcome to you both , so one has to ask why a scooby over what would seem a obvious choice to go from the eclipse to a evo ?
    Personally, I mostly like the looks and what seems to be the reliability of Subaru. No one in my family has ever owned a Subaru so I can't speak from experience. However, from what I have researched so far, the WRX seems like a much more bang for your buck, as well as appearance. We would be looking to buy pretty new
    (under 10k miles) and I'm not a fan of the 2009-2011 Evo body styling either.

I will take plenty of time to look around the forums stated to research and see of Subaru really is all its cracked up to be Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    welcome

if you want help choosing between years/models/trim levels/etc, check out cars101.com

if you are looking at 09-10 [used]:
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI

anything else, read the stickies @ the top of each forum
    Thanks for the welcome! Already started checking out most the stickies too . I wish this site had an FAQ section about the car though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Welcome to club. You may want to explore the links in my signature.
    Thank you, will do!

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    As Britt already said, the newer evo styles are pretty ugly to us both, and we would both LOVE to have an older one, but that's hard to find one that hasn't been beat to **** and back. Besides, the EVO is kinda an "all out" car. New ones are 30K plus... while Subbie at least has the WRX (non sti) which are in the 20's. As a younger couple starting out together, price is important!

Registered User Erikjenkins11876's Avatar
    3G Eclipses huh? I had one, a 2000 GT, I/E got it from a 15.3 to 14.6. Nobody makes parts for them though Trust me, you will get bit by the modding bug on these WRXs, the aftermarket is limitless.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    What do you both want out of the car? Honestly, that's a big factor.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    What do you both want out of the car? Honestly, that's a big factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05eclipse05 View Post

Hi everyone. I'm here boyfriend, Chad, and we actually joined this site together. Reason being, when we get our first car together were looking at a WRX. I believe the year we're looking at 2009 - 2011's I believe. We want it as a DD car, and something that will last us a good while and for us to grow on. There most likely will be a couple of lil bolt ons . Nothing crazy though. But yea, neither one of us are n00bs to the whole forum thing, for like she said we are part of club3g.com (30k members world wide) and we will search around in time for most of the information - but if you have any helpful info to our questions, please feel free to chime in.

Right now, I like the 5 door hatch, while she's more of a 4 door lover (with the wing). I'll be lurking around for info on the platform and FAQ's. Thanks!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    hahaha fack
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.