New girl from Boston - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on New girl from Boston within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by zax What do you both want out of the car? Honestly, that's a big factor. Like Chad ...

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    What do you both want out of the car? Honestly, that's a big factor.
    Like Chad said, it would be a DD but will definitely add an exhaust, and probably do a few upgrades like hid headlights (if they don't come like that). I like the 4 door with the wing for looks but the 5 door makes more sense since we want to get a big dog in the future and do a lot of traveling/camping. Opinions on 4 door vs. 5 door?? I am only 21 and don't want to feel like I'm driving around in a "mom mobile" with the 5 door

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i got an 11 wrx sedan. I love the looks of the sedan but i dont hate the looks of the hatch either. And at times i think, man, i shouldve got the hatch. Both are awesome and im pretty sure even with the hatch u def. wouldnt look like a soccer mom. Ive gone on trips with my other half and the trunk space was more than enough space for the few things we took... but i guess if ur going to travel with tons of stuff the hatch would def be the way to go. also if ur going to throw down over 20k u might as well buy urselves a base 2011 wrx.... just my opinion.

I don't think I'd ever want JUST the base model. I couldn't live without a moonroof or fog lights. If i remember correctly the base model has neither?

I Support ClubWRX
    Turbowill and m3gurl

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cibotti View Post
    few upgrades like hid headlights (if they don't come like that)
    Yeah... please don't be one of "those" and try to stick one of the $50 HID kits into the stock halogen headlamps. It's very inconsiderate to those around you, not DOT approved and therefore illegal. A true HID conversion kit that replaces the reflectors will set you back a pretty penny.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Oh don't worry haha I've already been there and done that with HID replacements (I have Depos with 6000k in my eclipse now). We would never just drop them into the stock lamps, it was just an example of the "type" of mods we would add

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by Cibotti View Post
    Oh don't worry haha I've already been there and done that with HID replacements (I have Depos with 6000k in my eclipse now). We would never just drop them into the stock lamps, it was just an example of the "type" of mods we would add
    Well I didn't mean to jump on you then! You would be surprised with the number of members that want an HID kit, don't want to spend the money, and tell the rest of us that they "don't care about anyone else on the road." Clearly, I've been jaded...

Since I took the time to find it: The HID FAQ Thread - Read before posting your questions - NASIOC

Facebook me here

No worries, I know what it's like to deal with "n00bs" from my eclipse forum, typically they don't know how to change up the car "safely and properly". Thanks for finding the thread for me! You guys are all being super helpful. Making we want to trade up to the WRX even sooner!

hmm used fully loaded for 25 grand or brand new base 25 grand, how many of you out there would really choose used? How many of you bought ur wrx's for fog lights? heated seats? for a nav? i personally wouldnt be able to live knowing i couldve had a brand new wrx with pretty much no mileage as opposed to a used one. but whatever floats ur boat.

Quote Originally Posted by sc13 View Post
    hmm used fully loaded for 25 grand or brand new base 25 grand, how many of you out there would really choose used? How many of you bought ur wrx's for fog lights? heated seats? for a nav? i personally wouldnt be able to live knowing i couldve had a brand new wrx with pretty much no mileage as opposed to a used one. but whatever floats ur boat.
    I'm not talking about getting fully loaded, I'm talking about possibly a Premium here. Notice I never mentioned Leather seats, heaters or NAV...? I am looking for options with FUNCTION (aka fog lights) not just comfort and "cool factor". The only "cool factor" I desire is the moon roof and that's because I'd rather have as much airflow through the car as possible vs. turning on my AC. Yes I could get a base model and retrofit in some fog lights. That's going to be a decision I'll have to make in the future.

i hear yuh, but the headlights could be installed in there without retrofitting, u just order them seperately. but yeah that moonroof thats another story.

Really? It looks like if fogs were installed into the base I'd need to cut into the bumper... I'll do some searching, maybe someone on here has done just that.
    Future WRX Owner
    Trying to learn all I can!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bcibotti
    My current car: http://www.club3g.com/forum/members-...lue-03-gt.html

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by sc13 View Post
    i hear yuh, but the headlights could be installed in there without retrofitting, u just order them seperately. but yeah that moonroof thats another story.
    ^^ See there's one.

You need to retrofit for HIDs. You can't just stick 'em in there.

Facebook me here

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    ^^ See there's one.

You need to retrofit for HIDs. You can't just stick 'em in there.
    Yes, we know. That's why we stated retrofit and not plug-n-play. We both have been into modifications for a while, so we know the do's and do not's. We just have to re-learn this new platform.

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Turbowill and m3gurl
    What's this suppose to mean? A couple of member's names?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.