Finally got my car...albeit...not quite what I ordered. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Finally got my car...albeit...not quite what I ordered. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by economatic I agree that SOA should look into the matter but I'm not sure what they would ...

Quote Originally Posted by economatic View Post
    I agree that SOA should look into the matter but I'm not sure what they would do if anything at this point. The problem is you took delivery of the car. You would have had bargaining power if you would have told them to hold on to it until they got to the bottom of it.
    Well...There wasn't much of an option. There was take it then or they would sell it to someone else within 24 hours. There are no WRXs to be had in the area. It would sell quickly. The dealer wouldn't have held the car for me for the length of time it would take to get the issue resolved.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hope you continue to enjoy the car ^_^

So, I got the following email from SOA Customer Service:

I talked with Kevin, the Subaru Sales manager at Roper Subaru and he explained that the order was entered incorrectly at their facility. He indicated that Mr. Roper was there during the delivery of your vehicle and continues to state that they are in no position to be of any further assistance regarding this situation.

On behalf of Subaru, I would like to again apologize for this experience.

I am sorry that Roper Subaru is not willing to work with you. I was hopeful that their efforts would help establish a new relationship. This occurrence will be documented in our database and as I mentioned before, you will have the opportunity to fill out the Purchase Experience Survey. These items are reviewed by the various departments within the company, including district managers.

After speaking with my Supervisor, I am quite pleased to extend to you a goodwill gesture of $500.00. In order for me to process this offer, please send me a copy of your vehicle invoice.

I hope you are pleased with this offer. It is my way of showing you how we appreciate your ownership to our products, and most importantly, your understanding during this unique situation.

So, it seems that at least SOA cares that the dealer screwed up. I hope this 500$ comes from the dealers end. I'll definitely be very diligent with sending in my survey as well.

So far, Subaru gets an 'A' for Customer Service.

Quote Originally Posted by aintnoprophet View Post

I talked with Kevin, the Subaru Sales manager at Roper Subaru and he explained that the order was entered incorrectly at their facility. He indicated that Mr. Roper was there during the delivery of your vehicle and continues to state that they are in no position to be of any further assistance regarding this situation.

I am sorry that Roper Subaru is not willing to work with you. I was hopeful that their efforts would help establish a new relationship. This occurrence will be documented in our database and as I mentioned before, you will have the opportunity to fill out the Purchase Experience Survey. These items are reviewed by the various departments within the company, including district managers.

After speaking with my Supervisor, I am quite pleased to extend to you a goodwill gesture of $500.00. In order for me to process this offer, please send me a copy of your vehicle invoice.

I hope you are pleased with this offer. It is my way of showing you how we appreciate your ownership to our products, and most importantly, your understanding during this unique situation.

So, it seems that at least SOA cares that the dealer screwed up. I hope this 500$ comes from the dealers end. I'll definitely be very diligent with sending in my survey as well.

Wow that's pretty awesome. Good to know how much Subaru really cares about their customers

I Support ClubWRX
    Win all the way.You get a hatch & $500.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, SOA just upgraded you to Stage1 almost
    2011.WRX.PRM.GRB.WRB
    Stink-Eye Mob #103

Yea, that's a protune.

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    I feel as tho the error was in your favor.. I love all subaru sedans... but 2008+ are just a rebadged toyota corolla.
    The 2008-2010 may look like a rebadged corolla, but the 2011 looks like an STI (with the wide body look and all). The 2011 is nothing like a corolla, not even close and not even in the same ball park. In my opinion I think the 2011 wrx or sti sedan is the best looking Subaru ever. But that's just me. I'm not a huge fan of hatchbacks, but the 2011 hatch is cool too.

Finally got my car...albeit...not quite what I ordered......
    Congrats on the ride, I'm sure you'll love the hatch as much as you would have the sedan. I would have tried to make them find a sedan for you, from anywhere in the country, and have it shipped to you at their expense. But hey, you got the 2011, hatch or sedan it's a bad ass car.
    Soon you should get a survey to complete from Subaru (you can do it online too). Make sure to do the survey and slam that dealership for their mistake. Make sure to explain what happened in the survey. Enjoy the ride.

Great result and you got the better looking WRX model to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Igor103 View Post
    Well, SOA just upgraded you to Stage1 almost
    I'd like to...but, this is probably gonna just help me pay my ridiculous sales tax.

I'd like to...but, this is probably gonna just help me pay my ridiculous sales tax.
    Lol that's great they did that for you. Shows SOA cares about us owners at least. enjoy it!

Sounds like the dealership you went to sux. The one I dealt with was very courteous and updated me every 3 days while waiting for my car. I would just say make sure you fill out your survey that comes to you. A lot of bonus checks and stuff revolve around customer satisfaction. I would also track down another Subaru dealership for your maintenance and stuff. Just let them know what happened and how disappointed your were in the formers service and I'm sure they will be more then happy to steal you away. Anyway have fun and try to keep it under 4000 for the break in

Very cool. It sounds like that dealership is pretty awful--they even told SOA they won't do anything else? Unbelievable. And I can't believe they were going to sell the car you ordered if you wouldn't take delivery within 24 hours. That is unacceptable, period. So what would have happened if they would have got the order right but you were out of town when the car came in? They would sell the car you specially ordered? I'd stay far away from them in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by TragSifarin View Post
    Sounds like the dealership you went to sux. The one I dealt with was very courteous and updated me every 3 days while waiting for my car. I would just say make sure you fill out your survey that comes to you. A lot of bonus checks and stuff revolve around customer satisfaction. I would also track down another Subaru dealership for your maintenance and stuff. Just let them know what happened and how disappointed your were in the formers service and I'm sure they will be more then happy to steal you away. Anyway have fun and try to keep it under 4000 for the break in
    Quote Originally Posted by economatic View Post
    Very cool. It sounds like that dealership is pretty awful--they even told SOA they won't do anything else? Unbelievable. And I can't believe they were going to sell the car you ordered if you wouldn't take delivery within 24 hours. That is unacceptable, period. So what would have happened if they would have got the order right but you were out of town when the car came in? They would sell the car you specially ordered? I'd stay far away from them in the future.
    I've already decided that I'm not going to this dealer again. I don't want them messing up anything else on my car. There are two other dealers within 45 min to an hour drive. Not too bad. Springfield MO and Fayettville AR. So, I'll be letting them compete for my business in the future. Hopefully, one of them will be decent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12