New STI owner from Cali!!

This is a discussion on New STI owner from Cali!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whats going on everyone? New to the Subaru world but not new to performance or forums. A little background, I ...

New STI owner from Cali!!

Whats going on everyone? New to the Subaru world but not new to performance or forums. A little background, I used to own a 2005 GMC sierra, putting down 445rwhp, But have always wanted an STI just couldnt afford it. I was getting tired of the 7.2 AVG MPG and never driving the truck so I decided to sell it and get a new toy..

I had been looking for 06-07 STI's for a couple weeks and I finally landed me a nice one, a 2007 Silver WRX STI, 42k miles, gold wheels, and a few other factory goodies. The car is very clean. I have had the car for about 4-5 days now and I love it, Feels great being able to put all the power to the ground and not just spinning for days is awesome haha.

Not planning on doing to much to her, Just some basic bolt ons and a nice stereo. Not wanting to build the Trans and all that good stuff like I did with the truck.

Here are some pics: Enjoy,

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Those are nice pictures I like your eye for composition.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Welcome to the club!! Congrats on the new car she's a beauty! Looks like it came right off the showroom. Excellent pictures btw really digging the spot you chose
    Stink-Eye Mob #333
    2011 Lightning Red WRX
    Stage 2+ 93

Congrats! Your car is beautiful!
    Current ride: 2001 Kona Mama BMX... a classic!
    There are 3 types of people in this world...those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what the hell just happened
    Pipe Hitters Union member
    http://www.wheeldude.com/wdg/ul/inde...ery/5154_2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Those are nice pictures I like your eye for composition.
    Thank you, I used to take my truck their for pics too

Quote Originally Posted by skudda33 View Post
    Welcome to the club!! Congrats on the new car she's a beauty! Looks like it came right off the showroom. Excellent pictures btw really digging the spot you chose
    Thanks mayne, Ya she is in great condition. I figured when I gave her a bath I would find some imperfections, But nothing really.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby_K View Post
    Congrats! Your car is beautiful!
    Thanks man!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club & congratulations.Nice shots & a very beautiful clean kept car.Did the car have any mods?Looks like it came with a lip.

And what are you looking to do to it?

Are those solar panels above a parking lot?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Welcome to the club & congratulations.Nice shots & a very beautiful clean kept car.Did the car have any mods?Looks like it came with a lip.

And what are you looking to do to it?

Are those solar panels above a parking lot?
    Thank you sir..She is a virgin, All stock. And your correct, It did come with the lip and factory boost guage. She hits right at about .1 BAR..

As far as mods, I plant to do a nice JL stereo system, Catback exhaust, tune and CAI. More than likely up pipe and down pipe as well..

And yes those are solar panels on a parking lot, Its at a college..

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DreksSTI View Post
    And yes those are solar panels on a parking lot, Its at a college..
    I love that concept.Why doesn't anybody do something like that around here?I'm just imagining all those open parking lots that could be used to harvest electricity.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I love that concept.Why doesn't anybody do something like that around here?I'm just imagining all those open parking lots that could be used to harvest electricity.
    Yea I agree, Starting to see it more and more around here. I am sure the panels are not cheap but for a place that uses electricity all the time like a school or gym, I am sure it would pay for it self in a year or 2 and then start putting money in the pocket after that lol.

Nice one man. Car looks clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Maronick1 View Post
    Nice one man. Car looks clean.
    Thanks, She was well maintained..

Quote Originally Posted by DreksSTI View Post
    Yea I agree, Starting to see it more and more around here. I am sure the panels are not cheap but for a place that uses electricity all the time like a school or gym, I am sure it would pay for it self in a year or 2 and then start putting money in the pocket after that lol.
    In Europe, especially Spain, solar and wind farms are so common, and it is a way of life bcz electricity is really expensive for us there, let alone petrol... I had an EVO and it got to the point I depended more on public transport, hence, that's why I ride my bike everywhere here out of habit, BUT...here in the USA, one needs a vehicle to get around. Not like Seville where you pick up a bike and ride it and drop it off near your house (the city owns the bikes; have lo-jack system on them).
    Current ride: 2001 Kona Mama BMX... a classic!
    There are 3 types of people in this world...those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what the hell just happened
    Pipe Hitters Union member
    http://www.wheeldude.com/wdg/ul/inde...ery/5154_2.jpg

Crazy stuff man

So what kinda power levels am I looking at with a catless DP, catback, and tune??