Subaru WRX Forum banner

Just Bought my first SUBARU!!

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Black_N_Blue2002 
#1 ·
Hey everyone!

I'm glad to be a part of the AWD family Finally!!! I just purchased a 2002 WRX Hatch 5-speed and I can't wait to get started on it!

I have a few questions on some quick fixes and the best order to start my project.

FIRST- I wanna go in and change the factory headlight settings so I don't have constant running lights and I know my friend can just plug in an OBD2 on his audi and reprogram it so I want to know if Subaru is the same way and also if anyone knows any quick and easy things to improve the car just starting out that would be awesome!

SECONDS- I'm planning to make this a nice looking street car with somewhere in the realm of 300 hp and good stance and handling. (nothing too extreme) and I wanna get opinions on a good order in which to do the build. I guess I'm gonna start with a little power then do some cosmetics and the stance. Any input on good ways to start getting more power out of my engine would be much appreciated!

#4 ·
Oh perfect! Beacause I was looking at replacing the intake hoses and intake first but I know turbo cars are different than NA so I have to learn the ways of the boost!

#5 ·
#7 ·
Please read the stickes (FAQ's) in the Engine Modifications part of the forum, especially the First Modifications - what to do and not to do thread.
Thanks for the heads up that makes a lot more sense! Any preferences on exhaust systems? I like the was the APEXi Noir system looks but I don't want something obnoxious rattling my car to shreds.

#11 ·
If you need any advice or parts, let me know.
Thank to Everyone! And I'm just getting started with this car so it'll be probably a month before I get going on the project but I'm really excited! I'll probably have questions on exhaust piping and intake tubing soon though!

#15 ·
Welcome and congrats on the bugeye
LOL! Honestly of all the Subbi's I've always wanted I never thought the bugeye would be my first. But she's fast and I do love it!

#16 ·
Ok so I have my first product question! I just looked at the COBB accessPORT device and I don't see a description of what it does or what kind of gains I expect to see if I buy one. So out of curiosity, what the heck does it do, what is the outcome and is it worth 600 bucks???

#17 ·
Enjoy the car. Subaru's are the best. I had a 1998 Subaru in which I felt bad when I traded it with 165,000 NY miles! The car ran like new, never any issues. I wish i could get that car back. Then I bought a 2008 Forester Turbo for the wife and finally my own 2010 WRX. After doing all the necessary upgrades on my car, the wify's car will start seeing a nice transition. She already told me she doesnt want anything done to her car, but adding a nice exhaust would be nice. !

#18 ·
I put BFG All Terrains on my girlfriends forester and 4 rally lights on her push bar. I can't wait to lift it an inch and a half and do some camping mods to the body and interior!

#19 ·
#20 ·
The Cobb AccessPort is a Computer flashing device. It changes the Map on the ECU so the engine makes more power. Here's a link to the product on Cobbs site.
CobbTuning.com - 02-03 AccessPORT
However, the dyno image they have doesn't make any sense because it doesn't have numbers on the y axis. The plot they have in the pdf below is much better.
http://www.accessecu.com/accessport/...093 v130.pdf
Nice. I think the first thing I'm gonna buy is an APEXi NOIR exhaust. call me noob-ish for doing it in a stupid order but I want that boxer rumble so bad!!!! Any opinions on that system???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.