New WRX Owner - 03 Sonic Yellow - and a Turbo Question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New WRX Owner - 03 Sonic Yellow - and a Turbo Question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by KronosPerformance That really is a gold WRX Welcome to the Forum, nice car. Well thank you sir!! ...

Quote Originally Posted by KronosPerformance View Post
    That really is a gold WRX

Welcome to the Forum, nice car.

Well thank you sir!! As soon as I can actually get it inspected I'll be quite happy about it! I thought I was preeeetty good at cars but I underestimated how much more complicated this turbo setup is than my old jeep....haha

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by yamaha_rider619 View Post
    Yes a stock downpipe is easy to put on. You need to pull the intercooler, turbo heat shield, then the bolts from the turbo to the downpipe, then the connection of the dp to the catback. All you need to do is figure out what size the connection of your catback is. The stock dp is a 2.5" donut gasket, and aftermarket catbacks are normally 3".

EDIT: Actually you might be able to get away with starting at removing the bolts from the turbo to the dp as you do not have a heatshield over your turbo, I can see in the picture.

I found an 02 exhaust in the for sale section of this forum. I couldn't find anything on google telling me if an 02 exhaust will fit on an 03.

If so, will I need to get anything to mate the dp to my turbo? Or just to the rest of the exhause behind my dp?

I Support ClubWRX
    02 and 03 year models are identical, so yes, it will fit

You should get replacement gaskets so it doesn't leak.

You're the man - thanks for the warm welcome to the WRX community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12