Anyone have an aftermarket uppie for sale?

This is a discussion on Anyone have an aftermarket uppie for sale? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I need a catless up pipe.Let me know what you have thanks...

Anyone have an aftermarket uppie for sale?

I need a catless up pipe.Let me know what you have thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Don't rule out gutting your stock up pipe. It only adds 30 minutes to an hour to the swap depending on how stubborn the cat material is. Also it's free other than time

I want to have a spare up pipe for smogging. Thats why i want another one. Plus one can risk the turbo by gutting their own up pipe, unless its polished by a professional..ehh

The pre-turbo cat was only there for cold start emissions in order to get the ULEV rating. Once the car is warm you won't have any issues with the DP and mid pipe cats alone. I passed emissions in Colorado WELL below the limits with a gutted up pipe. No need for a professional. Buy an extension and a small wire brush attachment for your drill. It's very easy to tell when all the cat material is gone. When it's gone you can see the texture on the inside of the pipe that was put there so the cat would stick to the sides of the pipe. I've gone 16k miles on the gutted up pipe no issues.

Really? hmmm i might just gutt it then. Ive read so many posts where they say not to risk it thats why im so paranoid about doing it myself..How much did you spend on the gaskets? where did you get them?

I got all new gaskets for every joint on the exhaust because I ended up with a leak after the install so it ended up being about 50 dollars for gaskets and 10 dollars for the wire brush attachment. I bought them at the local Subaru specialty shop Super Rupair. There are really good tutorials on here as well as NASIOC for gutting up pipes as well as installation. On NASIOC there is a thread showing flow testing against stock, gutted stock, and after market that shows almost identical flow in gutted stock vs. after market.

ok Thanks. Also im kind of new to the whole tunning thing(ive only had my subie for a year) Im stock right now, but I want to do a ECU flash/tune. Whats the best thing to do? Should I buy the cobb accessport? open cource tune? whats the cheapest/safest way.
    stock turbo
    pink injectors
    3"all the way with a cat
    godspeed intercooler
    intake
    pistons
    shaved rods
    HKS bov

Things I want to get before an ecu tune:
    blouch 16g
    650cc inj
    sti intake mani