Newbie to Subies - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Newbie to Subies within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by yamaha_rider619 A plus with getting a newer wrx is from 06+ they have 2.5l instead of 2.0l. ...

Quote Originally Posted by yamaha_rider619 View Post
    A plus with getting a newer wrx is from 06+ they have 2.5l instead of 2.0l. IMO 06/07 or 2011 is the only newer wrx's that I would buy.
    Yeah, I've been looking at the 06/07s, especially the STi. I've found a few around the 23K price tag. Just trying to keep things manageable without getting in trouble (eyes bigger than the wallet syndrome). If I could pick up another side job, I think it will be ok, but... gotta try
    Current ride: 2001 Kona Mama BMX... a classic!
    There are 3 types of people in this world...those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what the hell just happened
    Pipe Hitters Union member
    http://www.wheeldude.com/wdg/ul/inde...ery/5154_2.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    Well less modding if you get an sit, but a higher price tag from the beginning, but also more perks.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

That's what I am noticing, and it seems to be that people with the STi have made it a habit of not putting too many miles on them and whatever bolt-ons seem to be quality parts in a sensible pattern. If I am gonna go big, may as well be with an STi.
    There are 3 types of people in this world...those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what the hell just happened

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    dont forget to send me any links to cars you're looking at lol

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Most defo I will be sending U links to cars I am looking at Spirit Subaru contacted me again today and I told them that the car they tried to sell me is known and has history and that I won't be coming to see it Again thanks for saving me from a potentially bad choice!

I'm diggin' the 06/07s

I Support ClubWRX
    Just post potential buys here and we can a help, besides wrxetreme being in Florida.

Look into a 07 limited, you will like it!
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

I Support ClubWRX
    That sti looks nice! perrin recirc valve, and the rest looks stock. Nice clock gauge pods as well, not sure of the intake brand though. Would make sure its tuned for that, might have a tbe or just a cb.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

I talked to the guys a few times tonight about the car. Totally professional and candid about what it is they do. I looked at their current inventory, and they defo don't do corollas. It is a TB with Cobb Accessport, Perrin recirc, Perrin siliicone couplers, K&N filter, Defi gauge cluster. The guy who owned it was really meticulous and post-its of everything done/when are included. Everything that was factory that was replaced with the exception of the TB are included. I feel pretty confident about this one. I'm gonna give it a try...

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah sounds like a pretty good deal. Why did the guy trade it in?
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

The car is worth $23,100 according to NADA, and what they're asking is roughly a grand over that. I figure the cost of a Cobb Accessport is $595 for the STi (06/07), a TB exhaust system is another 1K and some change, the Perrin recirc valve is another $200, Defi gauge cluster pod is $160 and the gauges each I'll average $160 so let's say another $480... and all this is if I were to buy them new and install myself and not even mentioning the cost to tune... I think I am getting a fair deal... I submitted my app so we'll see what happens tomorrow. Pray for me you all

He traded because he wanted an 07 model. The guys thought it was strange enough, but business is business.

I Support ClubWRX
    It may be a good deal and hopefully it is for you. Just hope nothing is wrong with the car and that why he wanted to get an 07.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

You know, I thought the same thing, too, but it's all perception. He had the car for 2.8 years, and the stuff he used is top quality. The guys said that they had driven it around and that it didn't run rough or rich or lean out. If when I get there and do a shakedown run with it, I'll know if it is a keeper or not. If it's not, I won't sign the papers. It's that simple. Oh! They do have a sweet Z06 if this one doesn't pan out

I wonder how my BMX bike would look on a bike rack on the STi? At least they would be color coordinated

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast