New girl from Michigan with misfire - Page 23
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

This is a discussion on New girl from Michigan with misfire within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First off, congrats on undertaking such a build! I'm not quite crazy enough to do that, myself. I read through ...

First off, congrats on undertaking such a build! I'm not quite crazy enough to do that, myself.

I read through most of the thread, and was surprised that I didn't see this suggestion. When my Legacy was plagued with misfires, albeit mostly when it was really humid or raining, I did the same thing replacing plugs and checking the coil pack (only one on the non-turbo car). With those dealt with, the problem actually ended up being the plug wires. Something simple we don't often think about, but with that many miles, it would've been worth doing anyway. From what you'd said, you had bad compression / rings as well, but wires would've been a cheap thing to try in the beginning too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You can save money if you remove the hub and take it to someone with a press.

Otherwise just use the dealer because they are the same price as an independent because they have a tool that can do them on the car. This route is expensive wither way.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    13 months later.. and i finally defeated the check engine light!!! WOOOO!!!!

Also, my noise is gone. Turns out it was the rear brakes. I had to replace a caliper.

My car finally runs the way its supposed it. And its kinda fun to drive.

Re: New girl from Michigan with misfire

So awesome to hear!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gogocricket View Post
    13 months later.. and i finally defeated the check engine light!!! WOOOO!!!!

Also, my noise is gone. Turns out it was the rear brakes. I had to replace a caliper.

My car finally runs the way its supposed it. And its kinda fun to drive.
    Good for you! Glad to hear you are enjoying it especially,after all your effort.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Glad to hear :]

epic battle. epic thread. congrats on building, well.....Everything! now to finish reading the thread on replacing my timing belt and idlers(that just failed in the worst way) that i was supposed to be reading lol. was worth the time, i learned a hella lot! would love to see the new paint too!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tirerob View Post
    epic battle. epic thread. congrats on building, well.....Everything! now to finish reading the thread on replacing my timing belt and idlers(that just failed in the worst way) that i was supposed to be reading lol. was worth the time, i learned a hella lot! would love to see the new paint too!
    Wow, I can't believe I still have not posted photos. I'm glad my thread offered some knowledge and entertainment

I had a scare a few weeks ago, flashing CEL again.. it was doing exactly what it was doing right before I found out my engine was wrecked. It ended up being just a bad coil pack; one that I didn't replace before. It's running great now! One of these days, when it's not super slushy and disgusting from the snow, I'll post a photo or two.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Hey, she's back! Looking forward to the pics.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Whoa blast from the past!

I'm currently battling a CEL on my car...but its a Post Cat Lean bank 1 code...which essentially means it doesn't like my downpipe/midpipe exhaust leak. It's too cold and I'm too lazy to replace the gasket this time of year
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I read you don't like your wheels, something I have been playing with is PlastiDip and they have some kool colors as well as black. Check out some of the Youtube videos for Dipyourcar.com, very kool.

Also I had a similar noise coming from the right front that turned out to be the CV joint. Makes a lot of noise at lower speeds then stops while breaking. The heat from my exhaust dried out the CV boot and it cracked. It wasn't worth it to me to bandaid the boot so I waited till it wore out and replaced the half axle for around $100.

Glad to hear you got it going!