New girl from Michigan with misfire - Page 22
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

This is a discussion on New girl from Michigan with misfire within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; exactly, just wanted to clear up any possibility for confusion....

exactly, just wanted to clear up any possibility for confusion.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The gas smell in oil is from driving short trips I believe.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by gogocricket View Post
    Allendale is really close to me actually... small world!

Is that you Ive seen on Wilson out in Walker early mornings?
    Laterdays...
    Chris | 2011 WRB WRX Hatchback
    SPT STS, SPT CBE, SPT Boost Gauge & Heat Shield
    Stink-Eye Mob #210
    Facebook me here
    Prohevito In Altum

this should be required reading for clubwrx members. a lot of questions were answered here and also inspiration. wish I could rebuild an engine. I might have to find an old junker and build it back up.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pete25r View Post
    this should be required reading for clubwrx members. a lot of questions were answered here and also inspiration. wish I could rebuild an engine. I might have to find an old junker and build it back up.

It was a learning experience, that's for sure. It's amazing what we can do if we set our minds to it. I had no idea how to do what I did.. I just got into it and figured it out as I went along, because, well, I had to. I couldn't very well quit half way through with car parts everywhere... at my house, in my room, in my basement, in the pole barn, in my dad's work buildings in two different cities... So far, it's still running, woohoo! And, this new paint job is not so bad either. I hate my wheels though, maybe someday I'll get new ones. The guy who had it before me painted them gold and they look retarded.

Finally, I'm ordering the oxygen sensor I need today. And the solenoid. Going to see if I can finally get rid of the stupid CEL. It's warm out here now, so it isn't as bad to work on it again. It was nice to have a break for a couple of months.

laterdays- I don't think that's me in the morning that you see. I am out that way once in a while, but it's not the way I take to work. I work over by the airport so I drive about 30 miles east on 96 every morning.

It was awhile back. Only saw someone 2 times.
    Laterdays...
    Chris | 2011 WRB WRX Hatchback
    SPT STS, SPT CBE, SPT Boost Gauge & Heat Shield
    Stink-Eye Mob #210
    Facebook me here
    Prohevito In Altum

Man, when you get this car working you HAVE to take it up to the forest! You guys have my FAVORITE dirt roads on earth! There's so little traffic and they're so wonderfully graded and flat and smooth. It's like your very own rally stage*

*I do not encourage exceeding the speed limit on public roads. that said, doing the speed limit sideways with all four wheels throwing dirt everywhere is legit.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingen View Post
    Man, when you get this car working you HAVE to take it up to the forest! You guys have my FAVORITE dirt roads on earth! There's so little traffic and they're so wonderfully graded and flat and smooth. It's like your very own rally stage*

*I do not encourage exceeding the speed limit on public roads. that said, doing the speed limit sideways with all four wheels throwing dirt everywhere is legit.
    sliding sideways on four wheels, on dry pavement, is an interesting experience. when you didn't mean to do it... good thing I got new tires. what forest are you referring to?

i FINALLY bought my 02 sensor. it should be here by friday, along with a replacement for my broken ac belt tensioner bracket, and then some new belts. trying to get rid of some annoying squeals. i have a grinding sound coming from my front right wheel. i thought it was my brakes, and i replaced my pads and rotors last weekend. on the right, the slide pin was so stuck that i had to replace the caliper bracket. 5 trips to autozone later.. because no one had my parts. the slide pin on the left was slightly stuck, but i was able to clean it off and now it moves freely. so i put it back together, and i still have this grinding sound. at least my new rotors are not warped and it does stop much smoother, straighter, and faster- so at least it was not a lost cause.

any ideas? i'm thinking of replacing the caliper and/or bracket, and seeing if that helps. this would cost another $100, so it could be worse. if it's not that, my dad suggested it could be a bad brake line, which could also be causing my brakes not to release fully like they are supposed to; this is what the noise sounds like to me. i notice it at slow speeds- less than 25 mph. when i apply the brakes, the noise stops right away, while my wheels are still spinning and before i have fully stopped. makes me think its not a wheel bearing, along with the fact that there seemed to be no play at all when i moved things around. the noise isn't consistent though. it doesn't do it all the time, and seems to be sporadic.

your ideas are appreciated. after this stuff, i still need to replace the turbo wastegate solenoid. if anyone has a used functional one around, let me know how much you want for it. thanks!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    sliding sideways on four wheels, on dry pavement, is an interesting experience. when you didn't mean to do it... good thing I got new tires. what forest are you referring to?

i FINALLY bought my 02 sensor. it should be here by friday, along with a replacement for my broken ac belt tensioner bracket, and then some new belts. trying to get rid of some annoying squeals. i have a grinding sound coming from my front right wheel. i thought it was my brakes, and i replaced my pads and rotors last weekend. on the right, the slide pin was so stuck that i had to replace the caliper bracket. 5 trips to autozone later.. because no one had my parts. the slide pin on the left was slightly stuck, but i was able to clean it off and now it moves freely. so i put it back together, and i still have this grinding sound. at least my new rotors are not warped and it does stop much smoother, straighter, and faster- so at least it was not a lost cause.

any ideas? i'm thinking of replacing the caliper and/or bracket, and seeing if that helps. this would cost another $100, so it could be worse. if it's not that, my dad suggested it could be a bad brake line, which could also be causing my brakes not to release fully like they are supposed to; this is what the noise sounds like to me. i notice it at slow speeds- less than 25 mph. when i apply the brakes, the noise stops right away, while my wheels are still spinning and before i have fully stopped. makes me think its not a wheel bearing, along with the fact that there seemed to be no play at all when i moved things around. the noise isn't consistent though. it doesn't do it all the time, and seems to be sporadic.

your ideas are appreciated. after this stuff, i still need to replace the turbo wastegate solenoid. if anyone has a used functional one around, let me know how much you want for it. thanks!

It's probably a wheel bearing. Also, where have you been?

I second the wheel bearing.

If the calipers are sticking, flush and bleed the brake fluid with new stuff.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    ugghh. i don't want it to be a wheel bearing. not sure if i can do that job myself. what should i expect it to cost at a shop?

and i have been around.. busy with other things like work, life, and things changing.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    ugghh. i don't want it to be a wheel bearing. not sure if i can do that job myself.
    Unless you have a heavy-duty bearing press, then no.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I'd expect it to cost about $200-$300 total for that job. Maybe less, depending on where you go to have it done.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Manistee National Forest up north of you a ways. The forest roads that lead to the river from the main highway that runs from Cadillac to Manistee are excellent.

Do it

Also, they are not maintained in the winter... SNOW rally stage? haha.
    I want to fill my parking spot with WRX Why won't Subaru let me?!

Photo Nerd #42/dowehaveaclubforthis?

Any pictures of the new paint job?

Do you go to any of the meets around GR? I am moving there near pew campus with my girlfriend in the next few weeks. I would like to check out this car of yours!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.