New girl from Michigan with misfire - Page 20
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

This is a discussion on New girl from Michigan with misfire within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by gogocricket I thought he was talking about the turbo wastegate solenoid. Does that click? I have the ...

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gogocricket View Post
    I thought he was talking about the turbo wastegate solenoid. Does that click? I have the stock part.
    Is it a constant click or just whenever it comes out of boost?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I thought he was talking about the turbo wastegate solenoid. Does that click? I have the stock part.
    It won't be active at idle. Generally above 1800-2000 rpm. Most of the time if you put the car in diagnostic mode it will cycle with the fans and you can hear it. Or you can free rev the car in neutral and use a mechanics stethoscope to verify it's operation. Or simply supply the solenoid with some leads of wire,ground one and momentarilly touch the other to the pos on the battery. It should click.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I haven't gone through all the pages, but you should take your car to Oakos in Sterling Heights and see Angel Ortiz. It's a little far but I think he'll be able to help.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    It won't be active at idle. Generally above 1800-2000 rpm. Most of the time if you put the car in diagnostic mode it will cycle with the fans and you can hear it. Or you can free rev the car in neutral and use a mechanics stethoscope to verify it's operation. Or simply supply the solenoid with some leads of wire,ground one and momentarilly touch the other to the pos on the battery. It should click.
    that clarifies things, thanks.

You will all not believe this, but I haven't checked for the clicky yet, because I crashed my car. FML. Yeah, that happened. Currently, it is getting fixed. I hit some ice, over corrected, and then did some donuts across the highway, right into some brush, and effed the passenger side of my car up. I'm going to come out okay on it, but now I need to make the decision if I should just fix the bad side, or pay an extra $500 bucks to get a completely new paint job. New shiny paint all over would be nice... it is 10 years old, and has it's share of dings.

I Support ClubWRX
    that clarifies things, thanks.

You will all not believe this, but I haven't checked for the clicky yet, because I crashed my car. FML. Yeah, that happened. Currently, it is getting fixed. I hit some ice, over corrected, and then did some donuts across the highway, right into some brush, and effed the passenger side of my car up. I'm going to come out okay on it, but now I need to make the decision if I should just fix the bad side, or pay an extra $500 bucks to get a completely new paint job. New shiny paint all over would be nice... it is 10 years old, and has it's share of dings.
    Wow.. You have had your share or trials with this car. Hope it comes out ok.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    I know. Part of me wants to just get rid of it, and part of me can't because I've put so much into it. I sort of love it, but a big part of me really hates its guts.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Blow it up

I Support ClubWRX
    so tempting.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like a really bad relationship...
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

holy mess...file an insurance claim and tell them the engine's making weird noises since the crash...bam. Both problems fixed.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Sounds like a really bad relationship...
    Yeah, we need couples therapy.

And I did file a claim, and got a nice check for it. They estimated the damage to be 6300. It would have been totalled at 6900. I took the car back, and a check for the estimate. My brother sells cars and has all kinds of connections, and I will just say that I'm getting a VERY good deal on the repair. And I made the decision... my car will have a complete new paint job. To go with the basically new engine. Wee!

Shoulda crashed it the first time

Glad you're ok and things are working out for you!!!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Holy hell, if you finally get everything figured out your gonna have the world's most pristine bugeye ever...

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That sounds like a pretty wild ride - glad you're okay!

I'd say the car stuck by you on that one.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

make sure to have pics once it is all completed!! what color are you planning on? (if you havent answered this in previous posts)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.