New girl from Michigan with misfire - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on New girl from Michigan with misfire within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ...

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nicely done!! Hopefully you've got it beat
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

I Support ClubWRX
    Good luck. Is that you in your avatar?
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

welcome and good luck.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

Any update?

I'd still get rid of that Injen though...SPT, Cobb, K&N Typhoon are viable options!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    yes it's me in the avatar.

i bought a new sensor online, i'm still waiting for it to ship to me. i'm crossing my fingers that it fixes the problem!

i'll keep you updated, thanks for the welcomes

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gogocricket View Post

i bought a new sensor online, i'm still waiting for it to ship to me. i'm crossing my fingers that it fixes the problem!

I'd see if you have a light weight crank pully and a light weight fly wheel. Those are known to cause misfires. You could have a bad ground too. There are so many things that cause misfires that it's kind of a PITA to hunt them down. I had a misfire cause by a bad O-ring on one of my injectors...So I just upgraded and made my car supa fast. Seemed like the most reasonable option.

Something else to consider is a loose pipe or a punctured/ripped coupler/pipe. I'm new to Subies, too, but not new to turbo cars, and what I am telling you is based on previous experience. Perform an integrity test by checking all your clamps and pipes for tightness, and then with the car at idle, perform a test with soapy water by applying it directly on the pipes and TMIC and throttle body. If you see bubbles forming, you have a leak. You can also construct this IC Pipe Tester and follow the directions. Hope it helps.

Ken
    Current ride: 2001 Kona Mama BMX... a classic!
    There are 3 types of people in this world...those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what the hell just happened
    Pipe Hitters Union member
    http://www.wheeldude.com/wdg/ul/inde...ery/5154_2.jpg

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gogocricket View Post

Nice picture.. you look quite striking in it.

Good luck with your problem. Hopefully the sensor will fix it.
    -The J

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Welcome to the club! I hope you find out your problem too. I don't know anything about this crap but I should; hence, subscribed.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I Support ClubWRX
    alright, so i'm totally raging right now and i want to vent!

i brought my car in today to the dealer to have them fix the fuel rail recall. it is now leaking gas, really bad, bad enough that i shouldn't be driving it, and the freaking CEL is flashing. its never done that before... cylinder 2 3 4 misfire. it was actually running pretty well since i took the sensor off, still waiting for the new one to get here. running like crap now. i guess if a bunch of fuel isnt getting into the engine it will definitely run like crap!

quite sure that when you bring your car in to get fixed they are not supposed to break it worse. of course the service department is closed til monday. rrrrarrr!

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh that sucks.
    -The J

Running lean can damage the cylinder walls as well with many other things.

The dealership is closed Saturday?? That's odd. Obviously I wouldn't drive it but I would have it towed (at their expense) back so they can have it fixed ASAP. Mistakes happen, we're all human but I can understand the frustration, and I'm sure they'll make good on the repair.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Do you know when, if ever, the fuel filter was changed? My '04 WRX threw the misfire code and I wasn't feeling any misfires. I had nearly 80k on it and I forgot about the fuel filter since they didn't have it in stock when I got the previous service done (and they didn't seem worried about it). 80k was too long for the original fuel filter. When I had it changed, a lot of power came back I didn't even realize was missing (creeps up on you) and all seemed well. I can't say for sure long term if that was the issue for certain, though since I traded the car shortly thereafter for an '11, but I read a lot of threads about misfires on the Net and the fuel filter thing kept coming up when all the other usual suspects didn't pan out. It doesn't cost much to try it, in any case.
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.