New girl from Michigan with misfire - Page 19
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

This is a discussion on New girl from Michigan with misfire within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Amazon.com: Denso 234-9011 Oxygen Sensor (Air and Fuel Ratio Sensor): Automotive...

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    114 is better than 160, you sure that's the right one? not questioning you, just making sure..

I Support ClubWRX
    I am pretty sure that is the one I used to fix a friends. In the reviews there are several happy '02 owners. It is supposed to be the OEM one.

I Support ClubWRX
    Same one I used on my 03, the wire in ones never work unless done absolutely correct. They are reading, sending signals.. They can't do it properly with butt connectors to try and flow current thru.. The only way is to remove the oem plug and use the correct factory terminals and slide the oem plug onto the terminals like a new oem plug in sensor.. But Bosch honestly doesn't make that great of parts and they never work well with Japanese vehicles.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by gogocricket View Post
    ha, good to know! cutting a fram in half seems like more work than I want however curious what you found though.
    I'll put it this way, a old rusty beer can full of cotton balls would be a better option. Granted this was years ago and it was the cheapest one... but it was dissappointing to say the least.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I take a smidgen of pride in knowing the basics of engines, but what the heck are tumbler valves?
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

link

^ saves me some words to type It basically makes the intake airflow more turbulant so that low speed atomization is more efficient.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I just read this whole thread. Pretty epic stuff. Please post your dyno results here once you get this thing tuned, I need to see this play itself out.

You know when this is all said and done I think we all need to dive to Michigan and have one giant Subaru congratulations party for gogo!
    Alex
    2005 STi
    1968 AMC AMX
    1964 Chevrolet Corvair
    Blobeye Syndicate #479

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkySTI88 View Post
    You know when this is all said and done I think we all need to dive to Michigan and have one giant Subaru congratulations party for gogo!

I wonder if I could make my sensor work if I tried soldering the wires, rather than using the connectors it came with...

My oil smells like fuel. Not sure if I should be concerned about this. I did a bit of research and it seems that a lot of people have experienced that, and experience it more often during excessive idling. I've been a freak about letting my car idle and warm up ALL the way before I drive it, and will continue to be for another 1000 miles or so for breakin. Any comments on that issue are welcome.

Now, I need some new tires and a new windshield. And I still need to figure out the problem with my turbo wastegate solenoid. Do these things tend to go bad? All my connections seem to be fine.. Maybe I will have to learn to use a voltage tester.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkySTI88 View Post
    Agreed. Let's do it.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I Support ClubWRX

I wonder if I could make my sensor work if I tried soldering the wires, rather than using the connectors it came with...

My oil smells like fuel. Not sure if I should be concerned about this. I did a bit of research and it seems that a lot of people have experienced that, and experience it more often during excessive idling. I've been a freak about letting my car idle and warm up ALL the way before I drive it, and will continue to be for another 1000 miles or so for breakin. Any comments on that issue are welcome.

Now, I need some new tires and a new windshield. And I still need to figure out the problem with my turbo wastegate solenoid. Do these things tend to go bad? All my connections seem to be fine.. Maybe I will have to learn to use a voltage tester.
    They do go bad. Run 12v straight to it, and see if you hear it clicking.
    Last edited by mycologist; 12-23-2011 at 09:01 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    If it clicks does that mean it's bad, or is it supposed to click?

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    If it clicks does that mean it's bad, or is it supposed to click?
    Injectors click, and depending on what you have the click can be loud.

I Support ClubWRX
    I thought he was talking about the turbo wastegate solenoid. Does that click? I have the stock part.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.