New girl from Michigan with misfire - Page 16
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

This is a discussion on New girl from Michigan with misfire within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; oh.. here is what my craparu sounds like, exactly, as far as I can tell MY 2002 WRX - Rod ...

I Support ClubWRX
    oh.. here is what my craparu sounds like, exactly, as far as I can tell

MY 2002 WRX - Rod knock - YouTube

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That doesn't sound healthy...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gogocricket View Post
    I did try to burp the cooling system when i first filled it up by squeezing the radiator hose and adding more coolant til it wouldnt accept anymore. the car was running and up to temp when i did this. I think maybe it had a bubble or something stuck in it though. after it overheated and it was home, i was able to put more coolant in, so it obviously had been low. i also had no heat driving, implying my coolant was low. thing is, i only drove it 3 miles. enough to trash it i guess.

if i have a spun bearing or something, i can change it easily enough, since i already did it once. i'm pretty concerned about my oil light being on. not sure how i'm going to figure out why that happened. suggestions welcome. i put just over 5 quarts of valvoline 5w 30 in it. i put in a brand new OEM oil pump, as as far as i could tell the oil pickup looked fine. used new seals everywhere. it was not knocking initially when it first started up, it started doing it after it had over heated. oil light came on first start, went away, but then came back. so i dont know if this knock problem was caused from an oil issue or an overheating issue. i know its on the drivers side, but not sure if its in the head or the cylinder.

I also had 4 check engine codes. a TGV code, oxygen sensor, turbo/wastegate low, and one other i can't remember off hand. i had NO boost, ran rough, and slow. maybe i connected a vaccuum hose wrong. where does the small tube that connects to the BOV connect on the other side? I thought it was to my intake just under the throttle body?

i guess if it goes from bad to worse, it's gotta get better from there, right?
    Was the heater on full blast when you burped the system?

The TGV codes are obviously because you deleted them. You should get in contact with a tuner in the area to disable the codes that you don't need.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    4000 views.... wow LOL
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Sooo.. it might be bent valves. I'm really hoping so bc then i won't have to split the block. The sound seems louder on top than from under the ebbing and its definitely on the left side. I took the left head off this morning so ill take it apart later and investigate. There was a time when i was putting on the timing belt that the cam gear slipped and the intake n exhaust valves hit eachother. The good thing is that it went super fast this time! And if its valves I won't even have to pull the engine out. Was able to get head off while engine was still in. Crossing my fingers

I Support ClubWRX
    Under the engine.. . Not ebbing.. stupid auto correct. Happy thanksgiving!

best o luck! lets hope valves didn't contact piston and its just valves.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    If she were a guy, someone would have posted a link to IF YOU HAVE A MISFIRE CODE ,PLEASE READ THIS!!! and /thread.

No offense OP, it's not your fault that ClubDub is sexually repressed and flesh-starved.
    Speak for yourself..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Speak for yourself..
    Truf.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    so, I think it is just the valves. i had an exhaust leak, and when i tightened it up, the noise was easier to hear. it seemed louder from the top of the engine than from he bottom, making me think it's the head. i took the head off, and when the lifters came out some of the valves looked like they were not exactly in the center like the should be. took out the valves, rolled them on a mirror, and some seemed to have a slight wobble. put them in back in their holes, and pushed on them so they had tension on them (trying to mimic spring force), and poured water down the holes. guess what.. they all leak! also, when i turned the crank back and forth after taking the head out, it seemed to feel just fine. no play at all when moving crank back and forth. i would think it would feel a little odd if i had spun a rod bearing, but who knows. interesting though, the fourth cylinder looked like it had never fired. when taking off the coil pack, the wire that plugs into it from the wire harness fell off, so it must have been loose! guess i did do some dumb sh*t when assembling, kind of scary. i was reading that bent valves can cause it to not fire, but the bad connection seems more likely cause for a no fire situation to me. and, this would obviously cause the car to run like crap. i'll make sure those are all plugged in good next time!

When putting on the timing belt, the cam gears have to be in that very particular spot on the left head that they really don't want to be in. they got away from me twice, and the intake and exhaust valves smacked into eachother.. so its very possible i wrecked them at that point.

Never thought i'd hope to have bent valves, but i do! would be so much simpler for this to be the problem than to have to split the block and pull the engine again. I was able to get the head off wthout taking the engine out of the car, which was awesome, and i actually got it stripped down and taken apart really fast by the end of this, i'm going to be like a professional wrx mechanic. i feel pretty confident about fixing a lot of parts on this thing now at least. it was helpful that i had remembered what all the sizes to all of the bolt heads were this time, haha. so i priced out parts today. i can get 4 new intake valves, 4 new exhaust valves, and 8 springs for $162. THey are closed for the holiday so fastest i could get them to me is next friday.

even if the knock sound isnt the valves, i think i will replace them anyway, since they were all leaking anyway with the water text. and put it back together and pray

I Support ClubWRX
    Good luck.. Hhmm.. Weird how you got mad at me for suggesting you re-check coil packs

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Damn!

By the end of this I will pay you to help me work on my car!!!

Hey, what's going on? Did you give up? Update! Update!
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I Support ClubWRX
    No, haven't given up yet. I took the left head off, and valves out, replaced all of them, as well as all of the springs. Checked the valve clearances and replaced three shims. Put it back together and no knock! i had to replace an oxygen sensor as well.

My turbo doesn't work now. My acceleration isn't smooth either. Cold starts are brutal ( have to keep foot on gas to keep rpms at 1000 or it will die, for first 10 minutes). Probably bc of TGV delete, but I'm wondering how to adjust my idle so maybe I could turn it up a bit for the warm up period so I dont have to sit there with foot on peddle?

I have several codes, one of them being a TGV sensor high code. I left the motors, rods and sensors in place though. Also, when I first start the car, I have low oil pressure. If I rev it up to 1500 rpm or so, I get pressure, and the pressure stays til I shut off the engine. Not sure why this is happening. My steering feels weird, totally unrelated, but seems to be a new problem. Other than all of these issues, the car runs great haha.

The car is at a shop right now, I am getting real sick of dealing with it. It's officially really cold out now. I'm hoping they can tell me what needs to be done now.

I Support ClubWRX
    I just took it for it's first test drive on Sunday morning. I would have been posting excitedly, but my boyfriend's brother's pregnant wife and baby died unexpectedly and really tragically, was a bit distracting.