New girl from Michigan with misfire - Page 15
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

This is a discussion on New girl from Michigan with misfire within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by mycologist Wow, excellent effort to get those out and thanks for sharing the pic. Time to put ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Wow, excellent effort to get those out and thanks for sharing the pic.

Time to put some very serious thought as to what happened before starting your new motor with the old tune and hardware in place. Can we see the top too? Is it pitted etc.

I'm guessing this was severe detonation and the tune is all buggered up.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gogocricket View Post
    things not so good.. didnt make it home from shop. overheated. went to get it later, and now something is knocking. at least it will go faster the second time i rip it all apart and put it back together.
    Oh ****.

2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah. this has been such an emotional roller coaster for me i'm starting to think i'm bipolar.

worst possible thing that could have happened, happened...

aside from the overheating probably ruining everything, i think my oil might have not been circulating the way it should be. i had plenty of oil in there, but my low oil light was coming on. not sure how to trouble shoot that. i must have had some lubrication though, it's not like it seized or anything. i dont usually give up, but i'm really thinking abt just getting rid of the POS for like 2 grand and buying something like the 96 Saturn with 300k on it.

things not so good.. didnt make it home from shop. overheated. went to get it later, and now something is knocking. at least it will go faster the second time i rip it all apart and put it back together.
    OHH ****!!! I'm sorry, I hope its something easy to fix... Good luck..
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    it's not. sounds like knock is coming from inside the block. complete do-over.

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow..
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Did you burp the cooling system? I've forgotten to do that. Overheating on these cars can cause catastrophic failures.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    4000 views.... wow LOL
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    4000 views.... wow LOL
    Leg humpers!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

having been there and done that with an old turbo ford.. I know exactly how that feels and wouldn't blame you for bailing, but at this point do you really want to let it beat you?
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Leg humpers!
    If she were a guy, someone would have posted a link to IF YOU HAVE A MISFIRE CODE ,PLEASE READ THIS!!! and /thread.

No offense OP, it's not your fault that ClubDub is sexually repressed and flesh-starved.

Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post

No offense OP, it's not your fault that ClubDub is sexually repressed and flesh-starved.
    That's just about every car forum Zach... lol
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    That's just about every car forum Zach... lol
    Bahaha Truf.

Well I'm here for the action.

Facebook me here

Second that wow

Bearing dislodge?

Time for an STI swap
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    hahaha, it's good to laugh a bit this morning.

In my defense, I did a lot of reading on the existing misfire forums- there are a lot of them. I was in denial for a long time thinking that there was no way my compression/leakdown would come back so bad. So I waited a long time to get a check, and screwed myself, bc now I'm doing this godforsaken project in the snow.

and no, I don't want it to beat me, so I'll rip it all apart and try again. and b*tch, swear, and cry a lot in the process. i just think every day that i'd be driving my 2000 turd car i'd be bitter and angry if i sold the WRXPOS.

I did try to burp the cooling system when i first filled it up by squeezing the radiator hose and adding more coolant til it wouldnt accept anymore. the car was running and up to temp when i did this. I think maybe it had a bubble or something stuck in it though. after it overheated and it was home, i was able to put more coolant in, so it obviously had been low. i also had no heat driving, implying my coolant was low. thing is, i only drove it 3 miles. enough to trash it i guess.

if i have a spun bearing or something, i can change it easily enough, since i already did it once. i'm pretty concerned about my oil light being on. not sure how i'm going to figure out why that happened. suggestions welcome. i put just over 5 quarts of valvoline 5w 30 in it. i put in a brand new OEM oil pump, as as far as i could tell the oil pickup looked fine. used new seals everywhere. it was not knocking initially when it first started up, it started doing it after it had over heated. oil light came on first start, went away, but then came back. so i dont know if this knock problem was caused from an oil issue or an overheating issue. i know its on the drivers side, but not sure if its in the head or the cylinder.

I also had 4 check engine codes. a TGV code, oxygen sensor, turbo/wastegate low, and one other i can't remember off hand. i had NO boost, ran rough, and slow. maybe i connected a vaccuum hose wrong. where does the small tube that connects to the BOV connect on the other side? I thought it was to my intake just under the throttle body?

i guess if it goes from bad to worse, it's gotta get better from there, right?