New girl from Michigan with misfire - Page 14
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

This is a discussion on New girl from Michigan with misfire within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Glad to hear it was such an easy fix! I highly suggest hitting up Ebay for a cheap OBDII scanner ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Glad to hear it was such an easy fix! I highly suggest hitting up Ebay for a cheap OBDII scanner or buying a VAG-COM cable ($10-20) if you have a laptop and downloading this program for free- RomRaider • View topic - Learning View v1.0 RC3 It has the ability to read/clear codes and give you a quick snap shot of knock/fueling corrections. It will keep you from pulling your hair out in the future!
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Maybe your good luck will rub off on me and Subaru will have actually gotten me the correct part and I'll be able to get my car running.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Maybe your good luck will rub off on me and Subaru will have actually gotten me the correct part and I'll be able to get my car running.
    Magic 8 ball says doubtful..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Magic 8 ball says doubtful..

Love the optimism
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Is got to feel super good to have that finished and out of the way... I bet you will be driving the hell out of it now and feel much more respect knowing you did the work yourself...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gogocricket View Post
    ooohh.. and it didn't cost a dime to fix at the shop

I really am having a terrible time trying to contain myself at work right now. My dad was super proud of me so he got me these.. haha

Congratultions on a job well done. That is awesome. You should be very proud.

The earrings are perfect too.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

hell I'd rock those earrings...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Good idea on the ODB scanner... it is on my wishlist. My brother needs his too frequently for me to borrow it and have it be convenient.

Drews I'm sending good luck your way!

I am currently rocking those earrings.

Everybody else who's been here through this crazy thing- thanks for all your help and suggestions. And moral support. The forum actually made this seem more manageable and helped me to not lose my mind in the process.. helped a lot... It was really nice having people who understood this sort of thing go through the process with me, even through the .net. My real life friends who know nothing about these kinds of things just look at me like I'm crazy and say good luck Yeah.. so thanks! wrx.net FTW

I Support ClubWRX
    sooo.. what's your opinion on Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

What good advice can be given on the break in period, other than an early oil change, and really letting it warm up before driving every time? Seems like there are conflicting opinions on how you should break it in.

sooo.. what's your opinion on Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

What good advice can be given on the break in period, other than an early oil change, and really letting it warm up before driving every time? Seems like there are conflicting opinions on how you should break it in.
    Oh, ****. Here we go.

Seriously though, there are several threads on break-in. (usually regarding the 2011 models, but that shouldn't matter)
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

When we would build our race engines, run it for about 50miles vary speeds and rpm's, change oil, re torque bolts and nuts, run again for 200 miles give or take, change oil and check torque again on various nuts and bolts, and then we would let it rip.

I would just drive it easy for a couple hundred miles and change the oil and then it should be good to go.

I'd follow the break-in suggested by the manual, as if it were a new engine. Change the oil after a couple hundred as starkall suggests and try and keep it out of WOT. I'd give it a little boost here and there to make sure the boosting system is working properly though.

Please don't... as others have said, follow subaru's breaking suggestion, they know their motors best
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

I Support ClubWRX
    things not so good.. didnt make it home from shop. overheated. went to get it later, and now something is knocking. at least it will go faster the second time i rip it all apart and put it back together.